Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 and 4 FIRSTNET

(Topic created: 08-18-2021 11:50 AM)
midweststar7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It appears that Samsung doesn't really care about it's customers along with AT&T! Anyone with a Samsung phone and a Samsung watch that switches to firstnet will quickly learn that you can switch your phone over but be left with a watch that only works on Bluetooth and is not supported by firstnet. This has been an ongoing issue for years now. AT&T says that this is on Samsung, and Samsung states that this is on AT&T. The issue here that neither of the two care about is it puts the customer in a whirlwind of B.S. trying to get what they are paying for. AT&T has stated that within year 2020 the galaxy watches would be supported. Yet! It's August of 2021 and not 1 change. Multiple people have asked Samsung to answer the simple question on this form. "Is the new galaxy watch going to be supported?" Yet! Samsung keeps beating around an already dead bush, they refuse to actually answer the question!!!. Keeping the customer stuck in a never ending game of stuck in the middle. So SAMSUNG for once in your history answer this question! When are Galaxy watches going to be supported on FirstNet? Don't have one of your answer bots reply that bull **bleep** response that everyone else get. ANSWER the question once and for ALL!!

3 Replies
Danjen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Amen to this. I'm even thinking about leaving Firstnet altogether because of this.
0 Likes
kc0unh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have personally sent emails to the FirstNet Authority and have spent hours on the phone with them. There is currently NO support for a Samsung Watches NEW or OLD and no time line for support. My Samsung Note 10+ works great on FirstNet and I have no complaints but I want to buy the Samsung Watch 4 with LTE and although I can buy it, it can't be activated on FirstNet so it's simply a Bluetooth Watch. I'm also local control for a couple of departments so I'm between a rock and a hard place. If I pull my number off of FirstNet those departments will also loose local control. Ugh. 

userKktD8T5r4G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I believe the issue is that the watches are not able to utilize Band 14, and therefore not supported. Whether Band 14 isn't present due to a hardware limitation, or just not enabled due to Samsung thinking it's not necessary, is unknown to me. I was looking at the FCC sheets for the new Watch and Band 14 isn't listed as a supported band.

I was able to get my Galaxy Watch and my Galaxy S9 to work on FIrstNet by using the orange AT&T SIMs. It was a pain though.

The downside: 2 weeks ago I went get a Panasonic ToughPad reconnected to FirstNet (accidentally shut off the service a few months prior). When AT&T tried to reactivate it, it kept failing. What was determined is that FirstNet was allowing the AT&T Orange SIMs for backwards compatibility, but recently stopped. Existing devices already using the Orange SIMs will continue to work, but if the SIM dies, there's no reactivating it. This means if my watch ever disconnects from the network and I need to reactivate it, I won't be able to get it back on FirstNet. It also means I can't upgrade my phone without losing the connection to my watch.

Sorry for the long, slightly off-topic post.

0 Likes