JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 issues

(Topic created: 05-28-2021 02:57 AM)
userKMNl9tjO7c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi why is the galaxy watch 3 so bad!! Got this watch yesterday and the battery is so bad I must have a defective product. From 100 to 90 percent it took only 8 mins and every couple of mins I get the message that the watch needs to cool down and goes to airplane mode. I have standalone mode on and running on 4g. My brightness is 6 . This watch is currently not usable as it closes down every few mins due to overheating. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand how frustrating this is. Have you tried resetting the watch and making sure the software is up to date? 

Reset your Samsung smart watch

Update software and apps on your Samsung smart watch

If you are unable to complete the troubleshooting steps or if they are unhelpful, please send a private message with the model code and the IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand how frustrating this is. Have you tried resetting the watch and making sure the software is up to date? 

Reset your Samsung smart watch

Update software and apps on your Samsung smart watch

If you are unable to complete the troubleshooting steps or if they are unhelpful, please send a private message with the model code and the IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
joshuacampbell09
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

The Watch3 has been a great watch up until this past couple of weeks, sadly you have purchased at the worst time since the Watch3 released imo. I bought the LTE version on release and even being LTE have still have great battery performance until the last couple of weeks. It seems to be the most recent updates that has done this to the Galaxy Watch, Active 2, and Watch3. I have reset my Watch3 at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks and tried all sorts of different settings to correct the issue but nothing works. I believe the Watch3's issue is coming mainly from pre installed apps because on the Wear App on my Note 20 Ultra I can see where there are a few pre installed apps that seem to be using 5% or more every time I charge my watch. The Watch3 went from having a 2 day battery life for me, to having to literally charge my watch 2 or 3 times a day, and that is with very minimal use. I do not even use Bixby, and only used Samsung Health and Samsung Health Monitor for a thing or two for the most part and never have they used this much battery. The stock Music app is also using 5% or so in between each charge which is really odd because I use Spotify & I currently have a pre installed apps hidden and no permissions right now and they still use this much battery. Hoping something is fixed soon because I do not really even have a use for the watch right now since it cannot make it half a day without dying. That along with the random skin irritation that I have been fighting with this watch and this watch only. If they fix the issue you will most likely really enjoy the Watch3, but who knows they may not fix it for a while or at all.

0 Likes