cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sun

Galaxy watch 3 not detecting stairs

I use the stairs 3 days a week purposely at work for exercise. My watch is not detecting that activity. Anyone else. Its very good at tracking my Bicycle rides around neighborhood. I had a Gear Pro 2 that counted the stairs accurately. 
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch 3 not detecting stairs

Same here

Highlighted
Comet

one word. Ffitbit. I love samsung, but their health apps and tracking apps have never been of the best caliper. u wanna track fitness, you need a fitness watch, not a watch that contains fitness stuff, if you get what i mean. Apple watches are good as well, also Garmin.
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Re: Galaxy watch 3 not detecting stairs

The Gear Fit Pro 2 worked good at exercises. I figured this being the top tear watch it would excel.
Highlighted
Comet

you would think that but that's actually not the case Samsung makes their and that's where their devotion lies in that to the and that's where their Gear Fit watches mainly for health and fitness and its main devotion is health and fitness with little other added. their "Classic" watches are vice versa, where they offer everything else with health and fitness, but little devotion towards it. I believe their "frontier" versions offer better health and fitness while also offering a more sporty build
Highlighted
Comet

it may be a top-tier watch but it's not going to be top-tier at everything they have a separate Fitness watch for that reason really the fitness and health features in the classic watches are given more as a gimmick or just a free extra if you will just for light minimal tracking if you want something better you'll get a more fitness-tracking health-related watch
Highlighted
Sun

Where due an update hopefully soon as its rolling out over seas for improvement in those health areas along with battery. I bought it mainly for communications while Im at work and to have a smart watch to go with my Note 10+.
Highlighted
Constellation

The stair counting simply doesn't work. Admit it. Fix it.