Original topic:

Galaxy watch 3 overheated and burnt my skin when wearing

(Topic created: 07-14-2021 05:44 AM)
userIsDXCDwbFs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

My Galaxy watch for the past a few days has been overheated whenever I wore it. Within a couple minutes I can feel the burn on my skin and the back of the watch is hot to touch. The watch will soon show a message about overheating and shutdown.

If I don't wear it, it won't overheat and can hold the charge for several days as expected. I tried to reset it back to factory setting and updated to the latest version. Still the same. Not sure if this is related: I set the watch to always on. But it won't stay on since the overheating issue started.

I searched this forum and it seems I am not alone. Is there anything that can be done or is it a throw-away now? I've had this watch for a couple years and I really like it over the Apple one. Hope there is a solution for this.

Any help and suggestion are very appreciated. Thank you!

Jin

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good afternoon, I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would like to escalate this to our specialized team. Also, the always-on display could be caused by the device overheating because keeping the screen on consistently will increase the temperature of the watch. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Bill of Sale:
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good afternoon, I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would like to escalate this to our specialized team. Also, the always-on display could be caused by the device overheating because keeping the screen on consistently will increase the temperature of the watch. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Name:
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Bill of Sale:
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.