JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 series custom ringtones no longer working??

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 03:52 AM)
Blackorican
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch 5 pro and my custom ringtones are gone even though the files are still on the watch. Tried readding them but they don't even show up to be selected anymore. Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it? The standard tones don't work for me.

66 Replies
kyoheitowle
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just updated my watch and am having the same issue. I hate all of the default sounds and not being able to have my own custom ones makes this watch nearly useless to me if I can't have any sound on. I really hope this can be fixed and wasn't patched on purpose. If this isn't resolved, I may end up returning my watch and getting something else. I wish there was just better more official way to set custom sounds so stuff like this doesn't happen.

user3QeYEjyWDr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You're not alone, mine no longer work either. This is really starting to get on my nerves with these updates that are taking away features of my devices.
userWca2gQqtTU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This happened to me too and i haven't been able to fix it. And get this, i had to redo my phone ringtone after the android 13 update
MoWanchuk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I brought this issue to the experts at XDA, but so far no solution available:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/custom-ringtones.4524671/

Not at all happy with the disastrous updates Samsung is rolling out to break things that work (bricked GW4 with the GVI3 update; AVK7 update breaking custom ringtones, etc.)

x
TheJody
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue here after the update. 😡😡
JQuinzelle
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the same issue.
Piogal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here... 😞

Rutjan666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same.... works far Alarms, though!!

MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I purchased this device a few days ago, after 24hrs I posted it for sale then had a change of heart. I decided to give it another shot. I added custom ringtones to said watch and after an update less than 24hrs later they all disappeared. I have done everything possible including resetting the device but still to no avail. Was this a deliberate act to minimize customization? I swear Samsung is slowly becoming like that big :red_apple: Does anyone else have the same issue. I verified a few of the reviews about the app used to install and it seemed everyone using the 5 Pro watch had the same issue right about the same time. HELP me fix this Samsung?!