JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 series custom ringtones no longer working??

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 11:57 AM)
Blackorican
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch 5 pro and my custom ringtones are gone even though the files are still on the watch. Tried readding them but they don't even show up to be selected anymore. Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it? The standard tones don't work for me.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
66 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Found a way 🙌🏾 check out the YouTube video https://youtu.be/QoLyuRWDTZE
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks. Can you post a screenshot of the page with link? Much obliged...
Rutjan666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Deliberate or not, the previous method was only a workaround since there was no official way to set a custom ringtone (otherwise you'd be able to do it from the Wearable app).

The only method that's working for me is through adb debugging which isn't for the common user.

useryczFC0PQqC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was able to follow the instructions and transfer an MP3 to use as a ringtone and notification sound but after a short while the watch reverts back to the original sounds and the MP3 that I had chosen is not on the list. I transferred it again and tested and it worked but it reverted back again.

Any idea why this is happening?

JVKD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am also having problems downloading my custom ringtones back to my watch after Samsung did they update, I went to YouTube and looked at a video on how to add the ringtones back but it still didn't work any suggestions?
userPyaCjoijze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Complain to Samsung, gotta make some sort of stink
CarlJohnson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same problem here Watch4. How is this still happening? 😐
useruMj6c7Iuop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung blocked the way to add custom tones  if you own the device what do they care how you use it default tone suck.

userPyaCjoijze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Any idea how to make a big stink about this? It still allows you to use them for the Alarms. Just got the watch and this is really disappointing, hopefully they reverse their decision or fix it
userPyaCjoijze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone think Samsung will re-enable custom sounds for notifications and ringtones? If not I may look into returning the watch 4 I bought, as I believed this was a standard feature and they just took it away with a recent update.