JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 series custom ringtones no longer working??

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 11:57 AM)
Blackorican
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch 5 pro and my custom ringtones are gone even though the files are still on the watch. Tried readding them but they don't even show up to be selected anymore. Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it? The standard tones don't work for me.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
66 Replies
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Recieved MUSIC update for above device on 12/13/22. Samsung/Google please let us know what was fixed because I see no change and I still cannot add custom ringtones! 
userPyaCjoijze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't even know how you complain to get them to reverse their decision or fix it
Wierd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was able to download a third-party party app that allowed me to download and use custom notification sounds on to my galaxy watch and it worked like a charm! It wasn't until the latest update in December 2022 the one that was bricking people's watches that my watch stopped using my custom tones. I can't even re-download them with the same method. I don't even know why it's this hard to do this by now, I thought this wouldn't be an issue anymore. All I want is to be able to use my own unique sounds for my notification and ringtone sounds. At least give me a reason for it. 

Ellin
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Would love to know the app you used
tsutton8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here...I wasn't using a third party app but I replaced the default notification file with my own...I had "Close Encounters" mothership ringtone on my phone and had the "Close Encounters" human response ringtone on my Watch 5...it was so cool until the December update when it went away...haven't even tried again, but will update if I do...
Wierd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
It won't work anymore that's my problem. Here's a link to a video that will show you step by step. Hope you have more luck than I did. https://youtu.be/QoLyuRWDTZE
useriUGG8MOIjL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung is garbage for taking the custom ringtone I'm not buying no more galaxy watches
sosa1528
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had this problem with the update too but after a few wks was able to change back to the custom tones using the ap on the phone even though it's not an option on the watch
andre23
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
No good. Still could not get them
0 Likes
Arch0199
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

So not only am I not blind, but it was actually removed for no good reason in a recent update? Well that's a load of ...
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, such a shame there's been complete silence from Samsung/XDA/etc. on this. Here and I thought it was standard.