JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5/6 series custom ringtones no longer working??

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 11:57 AM)
Blackorican
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch 5 pro and my custom ringtones are gone even though the files are still on the watch. Tried readding them but they don't even show up to be selected anymore. Anyone else have this issue and able to fix it? The standard tones don't work for me.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
66 Replies
Rutjan666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, you don't need to reset the watch to do it.

0 Likes
2222dark
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I updated my Galaxy watch 4  yesterday and it removed my custom notification sound. I don't know how to set it back up could you please help?
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Open the Galaxy Wearable app>>watch settings>>sounds and vibrations.
0 Likes
GoGoPowerRangers
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just had an update to mySamsung Galaxy Watch 4 today and thought Samsung might re-add the ability to assign custom notification sounds and ringtones to my watch. -NOPE! We would like sounds other than the stock ones please Samsung. We had the ability to do this until the December 2022 watch update. Why remove this Samsung,...why? Been trying 3rd party file transfer apps to move the mp3's but the watch doesn't recognize them or it's blocked. If anyone has had any luck in doing this please comment. Thank you

#Galaxy watch 4 update removed custom notification sound - 12/2022
2222dark

#GoGoPowerRangers

ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I also don't like the fact that you can't use custom sounds for find my phone
jessenye62
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same thing happened to me, and i've tried every work around.
0 Likes
Rutjan666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
ScubaDogger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just discussed the issue with Samsung support via chat.  Apparently, restoration of this functionally with "improved use experience" is under development for a future update.  Timing TBD.

0 Likes
Eluv2cool
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm trying to add more notification sounds to my Galaxy watch Pro 5. There doesn't seem to be a simple way to do this and I'm looking for solutions. Being that these are Android devices and customization is one of the main reasons for having an Android device, I find this mildly aggravating.
userWWhENhOyWy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung watch pro 5 could you put different ring tones on the watch