JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 LTE using Google Maps stand-alone

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 04:19 PM)
userW3efp8A6hT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the Galaxy watch 4 LTE version through T-mobile. Maps work only while connected to my phone.

Maps open when using as stand alone feature but says cannot navigate. Is there something I need to do to get directions on watch when not using phone? I have allowed location access in permission all the time in setting and have tried everything. 

Anyone with suggestions? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user9XAl3m1fAD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just to clarify, I can navigate using LTE when I leave the phone at home.  There were a couple of times it didn't work for some reason, but the majority of times I can do it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
user9XAl3m1fAD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have the GW4 LTE and have been playing with the navigation feature.  Navigation does work but it seems that it needs to connect to your phone, either by bluetooth or remotely through LTE.  I did a test and if I power off the phone and connect the watch using LTE, I get the 'connect to your phone' message when using the Google Maps app on the watch.  When I power the phone on, I'm able to navigate on the watch but it also launches maps on the phone and navigates there as well.  It doesn't seem like the watch can navigate without some type of connection to the phone, which is not ideal since the whole idea of having an LTE watch is to be able to work independently of the phone.

0 Likes
userW3efp8A6hT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Exactly. I saw some youtube videos where his watch navigation worked while leaving his phone home so weird we can’t do same. 

0 Likes
Solution
user9XAl3m1fAD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just to clarify, I can navigate using LTE when I leave the phone at home.  There were a couple of times it didn't work for some reason, but the majority of times I can do it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userW3efp8A6hT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got it to work. thanks for some help on the issue. I had mobile data on auto connection for cellular plan. What I did to make it work was turn mobile data to always on had Mobile data and Data roaming switch on, left bluetooth on on watch but off on phone and everything worked finally.  For some reason with mobile data on auto it wasn’t working for maps.

rahulsteel123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you please explain in detail what did you do exactly, on my Watch 4, there is no option for Mobile data - auto, its just a toggle for off and on

0 Likes