JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic Greyscale with AOD?

(Topic created: 01-31-2023 05:22 PM)
Andresblue10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I have my "always display on" activated but as soon as I point my arm other way than my face, it goes to greyscale. How can I have full color in the display even if I am not looking at it? Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

It depends on your watch face, but in general, most colourful watch faces will enter a mode with less colours or even greyscale to save battery. The always-on-display is controlled by a separate low-power processor which can't display all of the colours that the main processor does, but it does save quite a bit of energy. The watch face that you can see on some advertisement material (the "big number" watch face), for example, will keep the colour (even though dimmer than usual) when the screen goes into the always-on-display mode. But some watch faces, like the pre-installed one (which says "INITIAL" at the top), actually do turn full greyscale when they are in always-on-display mode.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It saves battery that way and possibly by design

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

It depends on your watch face, but in general, most colourful watch faces will enter a mode with less colours or even greyscale to save battery. The always-on-display is controlled by a separate low-power processor which can't display all of the colours that the main processor does, but it does save quite a bit of energy. The watch face that you can see on some advertisement material (the "big number" watch face), for example, will keep the colour (even though dimmer than usual) when the screen goes into the always-on-display mode. But some watch faces, like the pre-installed one (which says "INITIAL" at the top), actually do turn full greyscale when they are in always-on-display mode.

Andresblue10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for the explanation!
0 Likes