Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic battery

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 10:47 AM)
userCnN2y86vFR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I thought the battery life of the watch 3 was bad... hoping the watch 4 would be an improvement.  When I track a 1hr walk in the morning listening to audio with my buds, it uses up to 40% of my power.  And that's with nothing unnecessary running in the background.  When are they going to stop farting around with the battery power?  I would honestly not mind the watch be a little bigger if the payoff was better battery.  What do you all think?

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ugh, I've been wanting the new Watch4 but I've heard of these battery issues. Makes me want to wait or get a FitBit or something.
0 Likes
DaGonz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought the 4 classic 42mm as well as the 4 44mm. Much better life in the 4. 4 Classic battery absolutely **bleep**. I'd wait if you're considering the 4 Classic!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'd rather get just the 4.
0 Likes
Maria88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
My notifications are wild....the watch will randomly stop receiving...ringing or vibrating for notifications 😞
0 Likes
Asml8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The battery life of my Watch 3 I think outdoes the Watch 4 battery life.
userNfUPKkL2oS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I"ve had two 4 Classics in the last 5 weeks. Thought I needed the LTE option so I could SOS or call 911 in an emergency if I wasn't near my phone (needed to call 911 and it took me 20 minutes to get to my phone on the other side of the house, so I bought the watch). Battery life has been inconsistent, varying between good and abysmal.  First one just died on me and wouldn't charge, so I replaced it with a new one. The 100% charge didn't even last 24 hours, so I'm taking it back today. 
I love Samsung mobile products, but will be looking at a different watch brand today

0 Likes
DaGonz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Battery life is horrible on my 1 month old Watch 4 Classic. I put it on my wrist fully charged before I went to bed, and it was dead by morning. Charge didn't even last 7 hours! What good is having all the health functions if you can't even get a day's worth of life out of the battery?! 

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing poor battery life on the Watch 4 Classic. 

There are several reasons why your Galaxy Watch may be experiencing battery drain or have decreased battery life. For example, certain apps can increase battery consumption. Keep reading to learn more about how to increase your watch's battery life: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
userCnN2y86vFR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the link.  I've done all of the suggested things to increase battery life.  The poor performance I am experiencing is despite doing all of the suggested measures.  Nevertheless, it seems pretty sad you have to turn off all of the features that make the watch marketable in order to get it to last throughout the day.  Why have the features if you can't use them?  In my opinion, the watch should last 24 hours WITH everything on. 

This is not a solution. 

0 Likes