Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 classic notifications

(Topic created: 06-12-2022 04:03 AM)
Simba17t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I have a s22 ultra n a galaxy watch 4 classic.  I use Google messages to send and receive texts. I have everything about Samsung messages turned off. 

What's happening is when I get a text and it comes on my watch I will hit the reply button to speak to my watch to send it. It will send it no problem but then I will get a notification in what looks to be samsung messages and it will show my text i just sent. I can't figure this out and why this happens is very annoying. Any ideas

10 Replies
DaveMorphy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
You have to make sure that google messages has also been downloaded on your galaxy watch.
0 Likes
Ronsolo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Makes sense. That could be the issue. And I also think Samsung Messages is pretty good.
0 Likes
Simba17t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have Google messages on my watch
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine does the same thing and its actually very annoying
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Its like I am texting my self
DaveMorphy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Huh, thats unusual then
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

That's certainly odd, and I can understand your confusion. If you are using Google Messages as your default and disabled Samsung Messages, it shouldn't be sending through Samsung Messages app. Have you re-enabled and opened Samsung Messages to see if it was sent through that app as well, and do you have Samsung Messages disabled on your S22 Ultra like on the Watch? You can try rebooting your Watch to see if it still shows as sending via Samsung's app, or try resetting your Watch (make sure to back up your data just in case!) with this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

If those options do not work, you can look for service options to get this repaired. You can find your service options by clicking this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't see how to disable Samsung Messages, my Google Messages is also set to default
Simba17t
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here
0 Likes