JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 heart rate monitoring issue

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 12:00 PM)
userXxy3pzR7ZC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My new GW4 stop tracking heart rate when i cycling. I have watch properly tight on my wrist. Continous heart rate monitoring works great no problem all day and night but only when i start cycling workout it works for 2-5min and than stops. Light on heart rate monitor is blinking but on screen heart rate is grey (not shown). 

Screenshot_20210910-205955_Samsung Health.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userCy0W0tcQOo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This was just fixed with the latest Watch update. Great work Samsung.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have had this issue playing tennis. I have noticed slight sweat can cause it to stop recording intermittently.

I have posted on this forum similar issue.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Watch-4-heart-rate-monitoring-stops-with-little-swe...

My previous watch active 2 worked better with sweaty wrist compared to GW4. Hope Samsung can find a workaround.
0 Likes
userJdThnKbtJf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue. Regardless if I was sweating or not. I sent the device back to service and waiting to see if the issue is resolved.

0 Likes
Baobaokim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same issue!
0 Likes
userozdpasScPr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also hope that HR monitoring is going to be fixed. During the sport I lose my HR all the time.  Everything starts normally, than I loose HR monitoring for 3-8 minutes. Very annoying...  almost unusable for tracking sports.

0 Likes
userCy0W0tcQOo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Me too there is definetly a software glitch in the tracking software. Running and walking are fine but tennis, cycling, weight lifting almost immediately loose the heart rate and cannot be regained again no matter what I try to do. The bugs need to be fixed
0 Likes
userQO22HxQakO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. Less than useless for sport activity HR tracking. 3-4 minutes tracking on a bike ride of about an hour.Screenshot0.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be for your watch not to track heart rate while cycling. I would recommend reaching out to our Samsung Health team directly at  855-795-0509.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userysambeqTgC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

FYI,

Same issue with cycling and heart rate drop outs....Normally shows high (incorrect) HR just before dotted line. Mine went for "repair" last week and has just come back. They replaced the main board and back of watch (all sensors) . Had same issue, on a cycle today, although only lasted for 5 minutes during a 40 minute bike ride.

I am sure it is a software issue and will hopefully get fixed over time.

0 Likes
Solution
userCy0W0tcQOo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This was just fixed with the latest Watch update. Great work Samsung.

View solution in context

0 Likes