Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 not tracking steps

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 03:23 AM)
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My galaxy watch 4 is about 2 weeks old. Other than the battery life, which is bad (one day I will leave work at 4pm it will be at 40%, the next day is dead dead by noon, and I charge it every night) I like it. However,  yesterday, which was working to be a dead by 2pm day, so the watch was charged some while on my lunch break to get through the day) it only recorded 1600 steps. In have a very active job, and always get well over 7000 steps at work alone.  I only had the watch off for about 45 minutes, during a period of time where I wouldn't have gotten many steps anyway. 
Was this a fluke or has anyone else had an issue with steps not being recorded? 
Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 128GB (Unlocked) | Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm Black LTE
0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating this could be. Your Samsung smartwatch automatically tracks the number of steps you've taken while wearing it. There are different factors that can cause the watch's step count to be inaccurate. However, you may need to verify how your steps are being counted by Samsung Health. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003112/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes