Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 recent update.

(Topic created: 04-23-2022 08:57 PM)
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
So, yesterday a watch software update came down. Didn't appear to be problematic, and did appear to fix an ongoing problem (it didn't). It added an unnecessary date header on the quick panel just before it changes to the battery level. Why anyone thought that would be a good idea is beyond me--get rid of it, all I  want is to see my battery level.

Also, when I went to turn off bedtime mode, it did not actually turn it off. I clicked the turn off button, which, as annoyingly usual, gave me the screen to put in my security code, however, bedtime mode/DND did not turn off. I had to manually turn off bedtime mode. THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE. An update is supposed to improve things. Not make it worse.
4 Replies
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I actually loved that the update shows the date temporarily before the battery level
0 Likes
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why? How many places do we need to see the date? Do we no longer renember what day it is? When I pull the bezel diw, it's because I want to see the battery level‐-and I dont want to wait for 2 seconds fir the daye to disappear
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Because I own a handful of 3rd party watch faces and they normally don't include the date. I feel like it would be unnecessary to open up the full app to see the date and the day of week. You still have a point though, Samsung should've thought about making this function a choice rather than forcing it.
0 Likes
user4V94Aj7IXk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed.  If I'm on my watch face (which almost all have the date) why would I want to see the date again in the quick panel?  It makes much more sense to show the battery in the quick panel header.  At least make this feature optional.  Stop changing settings in updates without giving the users control!