Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4 won't open Google play store

(Topic created: 12-30-2021 12:52 PM)
Austin121
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got my galaxy watch 4 today and when I try to open Google play store I loads then crashes, I can't download anything. PLS HELP
6 Replies
userDoW2jA9pke
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine does same thing, can't find any help on this.
userHJptJE8Zt1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue on brand new watch

userHJptJE8Zt1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung Customer service provided no help. Customer service wanted me to replace the watch although they passed me around to 4 different departments because each department told me they weren't able to help me. Asked for a manager, they never called me back but they did close my ticket even though it was unresolved on my end.

Short story is that I found the fix by resetting the watch and connecting the watch to a different google account. I am unsure why the other account was not working. 

***Update*** The issue that we are having is with  Google Family Link being attached to the account that we are using to connect to the phone. Samsung and Google have not developed a fix that I can find to fix this issue. Only fix is to remove the the Family Link from the account. Also found a comment that Life360 causes the same issue

usereXMsBZGiaq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same - new watch for christmas and google play wont open

0 Likes
realaud
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just FYI you can open the store on your linked phone or computer and then choose the app you want and when it asks which device you want to install on, choose your watch. I find it's easier to search for apps on the larger phone screen anyway. If you want an app that's already on your phone, navigate to the app in the store and it will let you know if there's a watch version and you can install it.

0 Likes
Members_ptQHxWr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

i need google family link for my kids watch so i need another fix please.

0 Likes