I need some help/tips/advice. I bought the Samsung watch 4 classic last week. And I love it but... im running into some issues just a week into wearing this. It's attached to my verzion plan with its own line.
1. There's a white box that appears on the face of it. In that white box there is 3 small circles in it. NO it is not a watch face, like I have seen in some other forums. What does that mean?
2. The battery lasts about 12 hours. Maybe if I'm lucky. Today took it off charge at 9am. At 6pm it was at 28%.
3. Also today I noticed it was over heating n put itself in cool down mode. Today is the first day it started that...
Any comments/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I can relate to everything! The Watch 3 was so good, I took the plunge with the 4.
- Overheating - I do have the LTE and that seems to be part of the culprit
- Battery Life is atrocious! When you pay for an upgrade, you expect an upgrade.. I have had to downgrade everything as far as possible to possibly get a full day out of it - I had the LTE version of the watch 3 and almost got 3 days of use from it! I knew I may take a hit with the watch, but this was a serious blow!
- The applications are good, and I like some of the Wear OS features, but they just suck the battery life and I feel worried I will just run them out!
- Battery charge time is not that fast! I mean it is faster, but it should be rocket fast since it loses battery life so quick.
- I notice it tracks sleep too long! The watch 3 got it right every time
These complaints are not just from us! I have watched Youtube reviews now, seen several articles from prominent tech reviewers, and seen scores of complaints! This is a disaster! I wish I had not so quickly returned my Watch 3 and returned this! MAYBE Samsung can work on some of this! If not, they better fix it like crazy in the next release and give a huge incentive for upgrading! I love Samsung, and I hope they can somehow fix this stuff, but it has moved from me being gracious that they will, to being an angry owner!
I'm very happy with the upgrade from old GW to GW4 classic 46mm non-LTE. The battery might not last as long as my old GW, but it's a trade off of having better BT range, faster cpu/gpu, better display, and all the health monitor sensors. I can go for 2 days without charging.