Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5/6 not sending or receiving texts/delays in notifications

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 12:23 AM)
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why can't I send or receive texts when my phone is turned off?? I have a galaxy watch 6 classic and a fold 5. I a cannot send or receive texts messages when my phone is turned off. I have tried Samsung messaging app and Google Messaging app. Either works. I have had older model watches 3, 4 and 5. All LTE through At&t. They all worked fine in this situation. So I don't understand why Samsung would take this option away for for it's latest devices!!! They need to fix this ASAP!!!

42 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

I feel your pain.  I had no problem with my LTE service on my Watch 4, voice or text, until I paired it with my new phone.  As with you, I was on the phone quite a while with the T-Mobile tech people (not CS, they can't help with anything) and I don't believe it was solved. I can get calls, but I believe I still can't get texts (I haven't gotten any texts while w/o my phone, so I don't know for sure), and when disengaged from my phone the battery life is non-existent, so is useless anyway.  Since I'm never very far from my phone these days, the point is moot right now, but I am considering dropping the watch line, and then picking it up again when T-Mobile is giving away watches for adding a new line (and when I'm ready for a new watch).  I don't like paying for something I'm not using either.

0 Likes
Samsung_j6v8X3R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an older galaxy watch and when it does that it's usually after either battery has died and I restart the phone and turn Bluetooth off & on again and do the same with sync also and it usually works again 

Hope this helps good luck 

0 Likes
Kiki94
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I also have one watch 6, but in earlier, I bought it, I could call to anyone normally, but recently, I can not call but only text message. Anyone face this problem?

0 Likes