JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 4/5 series has an issue with the ECG locking

(Topic created: 12-01-2022 08:06 AM)
Josh01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The problem is after it's done recording successfully the screen will turn off and then it will lock itself I'm wondering if anyone else use a lock screen on their Galaxy watch 5 pro and can do a ECG successfully without the screen turning off I factory reset it in the watch and it didn't work so I think it might be the most recent software update messing it up or something else but this is you may not apply to you if you do not have a lock screen

4 Replies
NinaNior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine doesn't read right
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Josh01 It sounds like the watch may be losing contact with your arm when you push the buttons for the ECG reading. Make sure that your watch is firmly strapped to your arm and you only need to lightly touch the buttons. A lot of pressure is not needed. 

0 Likes
Josh01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch is very tight on my arm it still does it anyways
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be for your watch screen to turn off after completing an ECG reading and I would be happy to look into this further for you. There are a few reasons why the Samsung Health Monitor app might shut down while you’re recording your ECG. This can occur if the app can’t detect your wrist, if the app’s software needs to be updated, or if your watch and phone are not connected via Bluetooth and the Galaxy Wearable app. You should make sure you're following these instructions for recording your ECG properly. Give this link a try for steps to keep the Samsung Health Monitor app from closing during or after ECG readings: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01208788/

If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to our ECG team directly at 1-855-795-0509 (option #6), Monday through Friday 9am-6pm EST,   or email support@samsungecg.zendesk.com.