JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch Active 2 microphone not working.

(Topic created: 02-22-2021 05:40 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

After about 2 months of use the microphone stopped working on my Galaxy Active 2 watch.  I intially thought it was a Bixby problem as it stopped responding to any voice commands but realized I also can't be heard when answering phone calls on the watch.  The speaker works fine.

9 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well I guess I should have looked around the boards here more before posting.  This seems to be a very common problem, with people having their watches replaced 6 times for it.  Then I saw a post about the microphone port getting dirty and blocking the microphone.  So I took a pin and carefully poked it in the hole.  Sure enough there was debris on the pin when I pulled it out.  Taadaa - problem solved!  My microphone now hears me clearly.  The microphone port is the small hole on the right side of the watch between the two buttons.

I can't believe that with the number of watches Samsung must be replacing over this issue they haven't sent out a message for basic cleaning maintenance.  Now to try and figure out how to change this post to show the problem is resolved.

Lac39
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was having the same problem.  Good thing l saw your post!  I carefully cleaned out the speaker with a pin.  It works perfectly now!

Thanks!!!

ColleenEmber
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh my gosh THANK YOU!!! I have been going crazy with it not hearing me for months and dreading sending it back since there is no store near me (closest one is 60 miles and they are closed due to COVID). Thank you so much for this post, it worked!!!!!

Urbanchaos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you!  Robot Happy

0 Likes
tallbluewoman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for this post 😁
0 Likes
Bolisimo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Literally saved me 5 headaches and 2 migraines. The amount of time a lazy ME would have called in for a new one. Solved with a Sim eject tool, your next SHOT is on me, worthy adversary!! 💪🏾🤙🏾
0 Likes
luvbnett
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
omg. it worked! thank you.
0 Likes
Msmech1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Okay so I just purchased my watch from Tmobile and I cannot hear anything! The person on the other end can hear me but I can't hear a thing!
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

If the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread did not help, you can try giving this link here a shot giving additional help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003131/

0 Likes