cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch Active 2 microphone not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After about 2 months of use the microphone stopped working on my Galaxy Active 2 watch.  I intially thought it was a Bixby problem as it stopped responding to any voice commands but realized I also can't be heard when answering phone calls on the watch.  The speaker works fine.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch Active 2 microphone not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I guess I should have looked around the boards here more before posting.  This seems to be a very common problem, with people having their watches replaced 6 times for it.  Then I saw a post about the microphone port getting dirty and blocking the microphone.  So I took a pin and carefully poked it in the hole.  Sure enough there was debris on the pin when I pulled it out.  Taadaa - problem solved!  My microphone now hears me clearly.  The microphone port is the small hole on the right side of the watch between the two buttons.

I can't believe that with the number of watches Samsung must be replacing over this issue they haven't sent out a message for basic cleaning maintenance.  Now to try and figure out how to change this post to show the problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch Active 2 microphone not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I guess I should have looked around the boards here more before posting.  This seems to be a very common problem, with people having their watches replaced 6 times for it.  Then I saw a post about the microphone port getting dirty and blocking the microphone.  So I took a pin and carefully poked it in the hole.  Sure enough there was debris on the pin when I pulled it out.  Taadaa - problem solved!  My microphone now hears me clearly.  The microphone port is the small hole on the right side of the watch between the two buttons.

I can't believe that with the number of watches Samsung must be replacing over this issue they haven't sent out a message for basic cleaning maintenance.  Now to try and figure out how to change this post to show the problem is resolved.

View solution in original post