cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch LTE with Sprint

Hi,

I ws so excited to get my Galaxy Watch LTE. Finally no more running with my phone. I got the watch set up and the service line with my carrier. After a week of not being able to make and receive calls when not connected via bluetooth I got concerned. I called Sprint to find that the LTE watch I purchased to make and receive calls had some type of issue. They informed me that galaxy watches are having some type of issue with this function, and that Samsung has not provided them with a ETA of a fix.  Is there someone from the samsung side who can explain why I can't use the feature I spent 300.00 for? Not to mention I bought a new note 10 + phone to use with it.  Maybe I should have gone with the ios apple system. Sprint says apple users watches are working just fine. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch LTE with Sprint

Husband just bought the same watch, has the same issues. What did you end up doing?

Highlighted
Constellation

Same happening with AT&T

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

My samsung watch is working just fine. I'm with Verizon.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi all thanks for taking the time. After speaking with sprint about four hours on three different occasions, and Samsung about the same amount of time this is what I found. Samsung said that the watch functions as it should, if its software is up to date. Sprint informed me (and my own internet searching) that this particular watch has been waiting for an update from Samsung to function properly on their network.  This was confirmed when I returned the watch.  The rep at the store said that Verizon was having the same issue but has since been resolved / can be resolved with a call to samsung to push some updates. 

I ended up taking the watch back for an active 2 which has been functioning as intended. 

Short take away: Galaxy Watch LTE does not function as a stand alone device on the sprint network, but does for other network carriers. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Contact you service provider