cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy watch Remote connection to phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the watch is not connected to Bluetooth and remote connection is enabled my Galaxy watch 46 will only show "standalone" operation when on WiFi, or Mobile network, It will not remotely connect to the phone as designed. I have tried resetting the watch, resetting the mobile connection, removing and reinstalling "Galaxy wearable", removing and reinstalling my Samsung account. Nothing is working. The watch shows the correct account, I have good signal. I'm loosing my noodles here.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy watch Remote connection to phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got an email followup from the Office of the President rep this morning. 

The dept responsible for the Remote Connection is fully aware of the issue now and we'll have to wait for a fix. I asked her to update me with an ETA. And she has confirmed this is a backend issue and there's no need to send your device in for "repair".

165 REPLIES 165
userPUHXvyQSvz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem seems their fix to disappearing store apps was to disable remote connection. Samsung software devs seem to not know what the he ll they're doing

AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When they fix one thing, the screw 2 up.

LAB68
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem. Contacted support and they needed a Run log_Dump file from the watch to see what was happening. Of course I'm on Verizon's network and they have disabled this access on all their products. 

Highlighted
userdJoCFRnQax
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gear s3 frontier.  S10 plus.  Was working last week.  Now remote connection does not work.   Chat with Samsung tech.  Said to reset.  Delete data.  Etc.... blab blah.  Did it 8 times.  Still stuck on stand alone.  Fix this samsung!!!!!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please get your full model number, baseband version the device, your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device? Also can I
please get your service provider and the app version for the Galaxy wearable app?

userdJoCFRnQax
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent you gear s3 and phone info for reference. Latest version of gear app.  Deleted and reinstalled.  Paired.  Etc...  

DanielBMLago
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All they can say is reset, factory restore... Systemic errors are not in their scripts...

AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam. Info posted in other thread.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information.