JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch Remote connection to phone

(Topic created: 03-26-2019 07:06 AM)
AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

When the watch is not connected to Bluetooth and remote connection is enabled my Galaxy watch 46 will only show "standalone" operation when on WiFi, or Mobile network, It will not remotely connect to the phone as designed. I have tried resetting the watch, resetting the mobile connection, removing and reinstalling "Galaxy wearable", removing and reinstalling my Samsung account. Nothing is working. The watch shows the correct account, I have good signal. I'm loosing my noodles here.

171 Replies
userQNhF9IREBV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungRei   @SamsungAdam    @SamsungJoJo 

Watch Model Number:  SM-R815U

Watch Software Version:  Tizen Version 4.0.0.1  (R815USQU1BSA7)

Model of Phone Connected to:  Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U)

Phone Hardware Version:   REV1.1

Phone Baseband Version:  G960USQS3CSAG

Phone Android Version:  9

Carrier:  VERIZON

Galaxy Wearable App Version:  2.2.23.19021251

Galaxy Wearable Plugin:   2.2.05.19030751

userrE8PhPzHmj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch Model Number: SM-R805U

Watch Software Version : R805USQU1BSA7

Model of Phone Connected: 46mm

Phone Baseband Version : G960USQS3CSAG

Phone Andriod version: Tizen Version 4.0.0.1

Carrier : Verizon 

Galaxy Wearable App Version:  2.2.23.19021251

etperez22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK.. Too bad I didn't read this thread first.. I have reset my watch and connected to other devices and still does not connect remotely.. Glad I am not the only one having this issue.. Samsung Please fix ASAP. 

blondechild18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here, just gonna add my 2 cents...

Samsung S8+ running Android 8.0.0

Galaxy Watch 42mm (BT only) running Tizen 4.0.0.1

Watch has wifi because the browser works; same with the phone. Just won't remote connect after restart, reset, update, etc. Very frustrating for someone constantly on the go at the office and not having the convenience to leave the phone behind when I need to. 

blondechild18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

UPDATE:

As of approximately 11:00 am today my watch and phone are connecting remotely. No update etc required.

0 Likes
N_Dante
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happened to my lately. I have a Galaxy s10 and in the begining the music remote worked fine. Then suddenly it just displays "unknown" and I can't do anything with it. I actually got it to work again temporarily by going on my phone and reseting all the app permisions but then it only worked for a day or so then went back to not working today. On the plus side the Spotify watch app works flawlessly so I'll be using that for the time being until samsung fixes the problem

0 Likes
Samsung_mqdjXV0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch will not pair.

userYxx2RFa1Ij
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here.  Remote connection has stopped working (3/25/19 @10am) via wifi and LTE.  Have re-set, re-booted, un-installed, both phone and watch, nothing works.  Im fortunate because I use google voice, so my calls and text still forward to my watch since data works fine, but I do not have the notifications that the remote connections is supposed to provide.  Pixel phone, gear s3 frontier, verizon cell.

userYxx2RFa1Ij
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here.  Remote connection has stopped working (3/25/19 @10am) via wifi and LTE.  Have re-set, re-booted, un-installed, both phone and watch, nothing works.  Im fortunate because I use google voice, so my calls and text still forward to my watch since data works fine, but I do not have the notifications that the remote connections is supposed to provide.  Pixel phone, gear s3 frontier, verizon cell.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got a call from a representative from the office of the president. Went over all the specifics of this issue and the various paramaters. 

The rep has documented everything. She fully understands its not an issue with individual watch devices therefore there's no point in sending it in for repair. 

She will notify the necessary departments to get this resolved and she's also going to call me back with more information as far as an ETA. 

I explained to her this is not a small isolated issue such as a manufacturing defect. This is a service backend issue similar to if your cell carriers lost internet connection and now everyone's device can't be used.

Obviously not as serious but still serious enough where those of us who rely on having the watch remotely connect to our phones for important notifications can't get the service we need.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon.