When the watch is not connected to Bluetooth and remote connection is enabled my Galaxy watch 46 will only show "standalone" operation when on WiFi, or Mobile network, It will not remotely connect to the phone as designed. I have tried resetting the watch, resetting the mobile connection, removing and reinstalling "Galaxy wearable", removing and reinstalling my Samsung account. Nothing is working. The watch shows the correct account, I have good signal. I'm loosing my noodles here.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have a frontier gear s3 with Verizon. Since the Tizen update, I can't remote connect with my phone and only can connect via Bluetooth. Before the update, I kept Bluetooth on my watch off, and had no problems with remote connect to the phone. I have done a factory reset, but it didn't make any difference. I hope Samsung will issue a software update soon to fix this problem, as there is no point in having a smartwatch if I can't use the features I purchased it for.
I have the Samsung Galaxy watch. I was occasionally losing remote connection and I would restart phone and watch and get it back. Since yesterday. .I no longer have remote connection. Did factory reset on watch to no avail. Been talking to Samsung and Verizon and they make me feel like I just need to live with this issue. Dang....paid over 300 dollars for a brick. Samsung...you need to take care of this issue that affects so many people.
I'm having the same issue. Also been happening since this weekend.
T-Mobile Galaxy Watch paired to Galaxy S10+. Phone is updated to Android Pie and Galaxy Watch is running the latest version of Tizen. Remote connection worked just fine after the latest Tizen update, and only stopped working this weekend. I did not update any software or alter any settings.
@AllStrobedUp FWIW I only experienced this issue starting the other day (Saturday I think), and I don't believe the Wearable app was updated in that timeframe. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think this is related to the app.
Just checked and mine was last updated February 14 (because I didn't have auto-updates enabled). So at minimum I can say that I was able to experience this problem without having the latest version of the software.