cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy watch Remote connection to phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have not been able to remotely connect since last Friday. I have Verizon and did factory reset, after uninstalling app and reinstall it, I turned off both phone and watch. Still can't remotely connect. Talked to Samsung tech, was not much help. Suggested I send my watch for them to check. I didn't do that. Hopefully a fix soon. Very inconvenient

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm with Verizon and mine just started working a few minutes ago. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm a Verizon customer as well. My remote connection started working about an hour ago. I'm crossing my fingers. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm with Verizon also but mines is not working what did you do

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My remote connection just started working when I tried it half an hour ago. Thanks for fixing it Samsung, albeit after half a week.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear s3 is doing the same thing. Can it be that I updated my watch to tizen 4.0 but havent received the one ui update for my s8 yet? Its having troubled connecting remotely to my phone since I updated my watch

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userl4q3gcfufx I think you are directly responsible for this solution. Mine is working now also! Thanks everyone for the input and showing it wasn't me loosing my brain. Great job Samsung on the ultra fast solution!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a forced update when I opened my Galaxy Wearables app. This update did not come from Galaxy Apps. You actually have to open the Galaxy Wearables app itself to get the update. 

Will test the Remote Connection as soon as I'm out of this LTE deadzone building. Fingers crossed! 

And thank you kind bro for helping bring this issue to light! 

And a big thanks to @SamsungAdam  and all the other reps here for your help!!

EDIT: Just turned off Bluetooth on my Galaxy Watch. It connected fine to TMobile LTE but no remote connection to my phone. It's still in Standalone mode. Welp

Edit 2: Remote Connection is now working over LTE!

Edit 3: and now it's not working again... 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just checked mine and it is now connecting remotely. and now able to get notifications and etc.. I am experiencing the issue that the phone is not connecting remotely with Samsung Health.. has anyone been successfull doing that? 

It pretty much says no devices connected eventhough it has the gear warable app says it is remotely connecetd.. 

I was able to connect via the gear s3 before.. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on Verizon and have been refreshing the app, checking for updates, and the play store and not received the update yet .😑