JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch Remote connection to phone

(Topic created: 03-27-2019 02:31 PM)
AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

When the watch is not connected to Bluetooth and remote connection is enabled my Galaxy watch 46 will only show "standalone" operation when on WiFi, or Mobile network, It will not remotely connect to the phone as designed. I have tried resetting the watch, resetting the mobile connection, removing and reinstalling "Galaxy wearable", removing and reinstalling my Samsung account. Nothing is working. The watch shows the correct account, I have good signal. I'm loosing my noodles here.

171 Replies
LAB68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I never got an update. I'm on Verizon and mine just started working

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Looks like it's still not working for me despite the Galaxy Wearables update. 

My watch is on TMobile LTE right now with internet connection working just fine but it's in standalone mode and can't remote connect to my phone. 

0 Likes
DanielBMLago
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch (LTE) is remotely connecting now. Problem seems to be fixed. Brazilian carrier V I V O (why writing this carrier name without spaces is not allowed, bad word in another language?)

0 Likes
chickenwife8400
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

in us on verizon mine is still not working remotely or connecting to phone only stand alone

DanielBMLago
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also working on my Gear S3 Frontier (WiFi only no LTE version). 

** NO UPDATES ON PHONE OR WATCHES REQUIRED **

Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungAdam 

An update to the status of the remote connection

I can confirm that the Galaxy Watch will remote connect when on wifi. 

But on TMobile LTE it won't remote connect and stays on Standalone mode.

I have double checked internet connection on LTE and it works fine. Tmobiles speed for Wearables is only 550kbps but that's been fine before. On my Gear S2 Classic it's even lower because it's on a 3G connection.

Something's still wrong with the remote connection through cellular internet. Wifi remote connection seems to be fixed. 

EDIT: And now it's working! Haha this is getting so dramatic. 

Remote connection over T-Mobile LTE is working for me now. 

userPUHXvyQSvz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why is this marked as solved? Still no remote connection here...

Majobe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update mine just started working tonight randomly. ATT version. Also started sending texts again over LTE thank God.

0 Likes
usernjdsTFC4Gi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Glad I found this, thought I was the only one facing this issue on my Sprint Galaxy Watch.  Got an update today in the app and seems to have fixed the issue.  I had been facing this for a whole week.  

0 Likes
TommyRXE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also glad I found this, since I also thought I was the only one facing this issue on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3 Watch with new S10+ phone. In fact, I just got my S3 Frontier watch back from Samsung repair this week for battery related issues which was sent to them about two weeks ago. When trying to put the watch back in service on Friday March 29th, I thought I was somehow doing it wrong. After multiple watch resets and restoring with and without my previously working March 18th backup data, I wasn't able to get the watch to remotely connect to my phone without Bluetooth, like everyone else here has been reporting. Watch's phone number says UNKNOWN in its menu even though I set it as its line's number. Regardless of numerous watch resets, it NEVER remotely connects. I have no other choice but to leave it connected to my phone via Bluetooth until SAMSUNG fixes things on their end for ALL OF US! After coming back from Samsung repair, battery life is back to great (from horrible). Like everyone else here, I eagerly await Samsung's final resolution for this MAJOR issue - SOON we hope!!!

0 Likes