Constellation

Galaxy watch active 2 LTE

When will the LTE version of the watch be released

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
user1b9puvuaxR
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy watch active 2 LTE

According to one rep, it will never be released. They can't get the LTE to work. I am switching to apple everything now because I will not support a company that falsely advertises products. Even my basic galaxy fit wouldn't work. They can't get any of their products to not be a glitch. Goodbye forever samsung!

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

WOW!  This really surprises me for two reasons:

1. Samsung has the LTE working in the 42 and 46mm Galaxy Watch.  In fact I bought 2 of the Galaxy watches 46mm through T-Mobile.   If they can get LTE to work in one watch, why can't they get it to work in a different watch?
  2. I found Best Buy selling the Active 2 LTE watch.  After placing an order, Best Buy charged my card (which went from pending, to processing, to owed).  I just paid the bill.  According to Federal Law, Best Buy has 30 days from the date they billed my card to deliver the item (watch).   Best Buy, obviously feels they'll be able to deliver the watch to me in the next 30 days.

NOTE:  This is why Amazon and other stores do NOT charge for an item until it ships.  Best Buy took my money immediately, so they must feel Samsung will make the 30 day deadline for not just getting it to Best Buy, but to me.

Only time will tell the tale.

userpAR7Qt11dN
Astronaut

I completely agree with you, user1b9.  I have been a loyal fan of Android phones. Nexus, Nexus 4, Note 4 and now the Note 8. I even had the Nexus 10 tablet.  I'm new to the smartwatch arena and since I started exercising more, I figured it was time for me to jump in to the market.  I was very excited to hear that Samsung was going to release the LTE version of their Active watch.  I was a bit disappointed to learn that the Active 2 is running Tizen OS and does not have Google Assistant nor Google Maps since I was looking to leave my phone at home / office on short trips and exercises outdoor.  But I was willing to give it a try anyway.  I waited for months for its release...only to find out that it is not available anywhere.  There are no news about it at all.  A complete lack of search results or website articles (CNET, Engadget, etc.) on the topic.  It almost seems as though Samsung is paying every search and website to not mention it at all and trying to sweep it under the rug.  I am not a fan of Apple.  Never have been.  The only Apple devices I have in the house are my kids iPads and my wife's iPhone / Apple Watch 4.  And I must say,  with the track record Android / Samsung has so far, I completely understand why Apple is where they are in the industry and no one even comes close. Their devices, their marketing, their delivery on their products (though not perfect)...everything just WORKS.  I think I'm going to have to jump ship as much as I hate to.  But Apple does have what I need at the moment.

userzp8krSEDkp
Constellation

This a lie. Samsung would never go as far as saying an LTE version was coming and sure as heck would have never put a link for order on their website if they were never going to release one. As a matter of fact, I just received my LTE version yesterday. I was one of the few to be able to order one when it was still available on the website. Mine was backordered. I placed the order on October 8 and got it the 22nd. My guess is there is a huge request for the LTE version or there is some other issue. But it will go on sale eventually. Mine is working just fine on verizon.

userwHX4nRtfZO
Constellation

Totally false. I ordered mine directly from Verizon last week and received it on Tuesday. It works flawlessly. They are just selling out, that's why you couldn't find them anywhere. You can also order it directly from bestbuy.com unlocked.