cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbSsoCGjN7n
Constellation

Galaxy watch active 2 battery life issue

Hey guys,

I wanted to check if what I’m experiencing is normal or not. When I read reviews of people with a 40mm watch they easily get 2 days of battery life with most functions enabled.

However mine has 1,5 days max. And last night I set my HR frequency to continuous to get a better sleep tracking. 

I woke up and found my watch died while starting the night with 60% of battery life... 

I put on goodnight mode, my watch brightness is set to 5, WIFI is turned off. 

Please let me know if I should return it or maybe do something else? I really wanted it for the fitness and sleep monitoring but this feels just useless... 

Thanks! 

34 REPLIES 34
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy watch active 2 battery life issue

Hello. Can you post a screenshot of battery life usage from Galaxy Wearable?

Screenshot_20191006-162227_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userbSsoCGjN7n
Constellation

Hey,

Thanks for replying. 

So I don't have a screenshot from that day. But I turned off the continuous HR monitor (now it is on every 10 minutes) and my battery life improved enormously. I am at 50% after 20h! 

Is it normal for HR monitor to drain it that hard? 

Highlighted
jessicalsmith86
Constellation

Thank you, this help me figure out that my fancy halloween watch face was using over 50% of my battery! It went from 100% at 6:30am to 60% at 8:30am. I wish they didnt do that since I like the fancy ones. lol.

userOMy1s08gUR
Constellation

Any other ideas on this?  This watch is new to me and I'm used to a fitbit that lasted 6 days.  My HR is not on continuous monitoring as far as I can tell.  I don't have any fancy watch faces and I don't have the screen always on or even on with movement.  I don't know how to take the screen shot you showed.  There is very little information in the manual unless I'm missing some spectacular manual they've hidden somewhere.  My battery is lasting about a half day which is completely useless to me.  I'm also having trouble with the blue tooth continuously disconnecting.  I'm ready to throw this thing out and get another FitBit!

userOMy1s08gUR
Constellation

I should say that mine is a 44mm which was supposed to have better battery life.  Would've preferred the smaller version.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOMy1s08gUR What type of device is paired with your Galaxy watch active 2?

userOMy1s08gUR
Constellation

iPhone XR

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userOMy1s08gUR Can you please provide me with the IOS version you are running on your device?

userOMy1s08gUR
Constellation