JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 06-10-2020 05:41 PM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userGT88I8oUWi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello I am having the same issue with my watch, the back cover fell off ... can you please assist?

0 Likes
usercWwjP9Boy9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem. I was really proud of my watch until the sensor  fell off. After reading about the bad experiences everyone had on this thread I am thinking about buying Apple instead. This is my second Samsung watch and both had poor build quality. The first one (galaxy watch) the bracelet fell off constantly until I finally lost my watch.  The second one (active 2) the sensor cover fell. With the money I spend, I should have bought an apple watch.

Gram6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can anyone tell me how to reattach my Galaxy Active2's heart rate sensor cover.  I just purchased it in February and I am disappointed that this has happened since I am happy with it otherwise.

Thanks15918360447732960938801197379311.jpg

oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why not get the watch replaced under warranty?  Don't pay for something that should be Samsung's problem, if their QC is that bad, they need to a) be aware of it, and b) own their mistakes.

Mudpuggy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So what is the solution ??  I have the same problem with my watch - I would gladly have it replaced under warranty - just not if it costs as much as a new watch.  If I purchase a replacement it WILL NOT be another Samsung!

userabbtwq7LNR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased my Active2, seven months ago, so still "under warranty". I am NOT an athlete, but I do walk about 30min ~5days/wk, I wear it when I sleep, and have never had it wet at ALL (never in the shower or even doing dishes, which technically would be ok doing, since Samsung claims it is water resistant for 50m, and no I sweat very little, although I know you were wondering).

The sensor on the back came unglued while I was wearing it. I bought it online from Costco, and with the Costco credit card (the credit card adds additional warranty coverage after the Coscto store one stops). Believing I had all my bases covered for possible future defective product issues. I couldn't be MORE wrong! The online purchase didn't offer me an extended warranty to buy (Costco still sells the same produt, I double checked last night placed the item in my carrt, no extended warranty offered to add to purchase). Costco store won't help, since it is past 90 days from purchase, even though it's defective. Costco Visa won't help even though the site states they will pick up where store leaves off on warranty issue, because it is still under manufacturers warranty.  After chatting with Samsung customer support they gaves 3 options: 1) use Samsung link to find a certified dealer in my area for repair, 2) use Samsung link to find a Best Buy in my area which has a Samsung authorized rep for repair, or 3) ship to Samsung directly. I was hoping to get this resolved sooner than later, as I miss my watch, so I preferred a local solution. My experience: 1) Coscto concierge will not help is past 90 days from purchase, 2) no location listed from the Samsung link is in my area,  3) found Best Buy from Samsung's link in my area, made appt, and then was told by Best Buy, that they do NOT have a Samsung rep anymore since COVID 3 months ago, and no estimate of having one again, 3) I called Samsung directly who stated they found a dealer in my area after all, and gave me there contact info, 4) I called local dealer provided by Samsung Customer Support and was told they do NOT work on my specific product (even though that's where Samsung support suggested!), 5) I called and spoke to Costco Visa to see if they would pick up where Costco concierge left off (as stated on their website), and looks like they will not, since still under manufacturers warranty, 6) I called Samsung again who stated I could ship product to them. However, REGARDLESS of whether they deemed the issue to be a defect in their product OR misuse on my part, I would STILL BE REQUIRED to pay ~$81.12!  I am confident in my use of their product as it was designed, and I understand about placing a charge hold (in case the product was found to be misused by the customer), BUT to pay more money for a product EVEN if it has faulty materials on Samsung's part is UNACCEPTABLE! The warranty does not state it is prorated, it does not dwindle away from the first day you purchase it, or so they say. The customer support stated that this problem is NOT known to them, so it must be isolated to me, as they get emailed when there is faulty issues with there products. I advised him to check there own Samsung forum as there were several examples of this same issue listed, so it WAS NOT an isolated issue. So, Samsung warranties are in fact meaningless. I asked for clarification if that is the SAME policy for their other electronics (i.e. cell phones) and I was told "yes". So beware, I will never purchase another Samsung product EVER! Sorry so long, but wanted you to be informed.

userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just posting here to report that I had the same issue. I got a PM from a mod who took my information and created a repair ticket for me. He also sent me a prepaid overnight UPS label. I dropped my package at the UPS store about noon on Monday, and Friday morning I had my repaired watch delivered to me by UPS. I got a text message about the status at every step. I have to say I'm pretty pleased. My watch did NOT have any issues other than the sensor cover falling off. It fell off while I was at home and I immediately took the watch off. I thought about trying to fix it myself with gorilla glue, but since it was still under warranty (I had it barely two months) I went the warranty repair route first. If they had told me the repair would cost anything I would have told them to ship it back without repairing it. It came back to me in a box with a note that it had been sanitized. It had also been factory reset, which wasn't necessary but that means they tested all its functions. So fingers crossed that this repair holds!

userxBbVQKtoxk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I personally would not get it repaired or even replaced. I am on my second gear and both have had this same problem. Once the cover loosens, water/sweat enters the watch and its days become numbered. My first one had a service plan and was replaced. Now my replacement is doing the same thing. It's obvious to me it's poor or incorrect manufacturing.  Great watch, poor quality!

useraGAYdN6nOV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The sensor plate on the back of my watch has come off. Again.  This watch is obviously defective as they did not fix the problem the first time I sent it in. And, I spent hours arguing about who should pay for it  even though it was still under warranty.  And, I baby the darn thing: take if off when washing hands, showering, etc., as I love the style, etc. Ironically, not really an Active watch at all.

userXeuUfmrjI0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had the issue twice now for a Active 2 that is still under warranty. Switched to the Galaxy because Fitbits only seem to have a year lifespan at most. They fixed it for free the first time, but are now trying to charge me for a 2nd repair. That is a hard no for me...from what I see online this is an issue and for what the watch costs shouldn't be happening.