JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch active 2 skin irritaion

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 04:57 AM)
AllanF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My son has a galaxy watch active 2 and is getting skin irritaton underneath the watch body.   we have cleaned the watch and swapped wrists but the same occurred both times.  I can only presume there is something in the watch body that is causing the reaction.   He's very upset as we wont let him wear it but cant see what else can be done to resolve the issue??

wrist1.jpegwrist2.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Please contact Samsung support directly to let them know about this issue, you are not the only one who has a reaction

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
DoIGottaWork
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It seems he's allergic to the metal on the sensors. There's likely not much that can be done. Any metal directly on his skin will likely have the same result. It's unfortunate.
0 Likes
AllanF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

suspect you are right.  I have the same watch and dont have any issues so will let him try mine once his skin has healed.   We also have a different brand which we can try too 

0 Likes
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Please contact Samsung support directly to let them know about this issue, you are not the only one who has a reaction

View solution in context

0 Likes
AllanF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

thanks - have opened a  case via live chat 

JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
You might try applying one of those wet apply hydrogel screen protectors to the bottom. You can get 3 packs from old phones for almost nothing, and cut into a circle to fit over the back. The active 2 has exposed metal contacts for ECG readings, so that feature won't work.
0 Likes
AllanF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

will see what samsung support suggest but its not a bad idea thanks

0 Likes
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Best of luck. I've found Samsung to be cagey at best in situations like this.
AllanF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

thanks - will see what happens.  

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me with your ticket number in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes