Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahtzee
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy watch active irregular beat feature

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung

I noticed that blood pressure monitoring is completely removed from the Galaxy watch active product page but did notice a new feature that wasn't on the product page before which is getting real time alerts if the watch ever detects an irregular beat.

Where can I get more information about this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy watch active irregular beat feature

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We were testing on a bluetooth version SM-R500N and this setting was there. Can you provide screenshots of the missing setting?

Are you going into the app from the watch or from the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

14 REPLIES 14
userJK60pjiK5j
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Might just be another "feature" they're going to lie about having then remove from the product page after more units have sold.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Yahtzee This is part of Proactive Health Monitoring. Within the S Health App, scroll to the bottom and click on the three dots to the side of Auto Heartrate Setting. This is where you can turn the alert off or on.

userXvKDZaeZYq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got an smr-500 and I don't see this feature on the watch. When I scroll down and hit the three buttons in the heart rate section of the s health app I just get an option to turn on a high heat rate in the hr alert settings section. That's the only option there besides help. 

All of my apps are currently up to date.

Any clue what might be up? I actually bought this watch for that feature because I have occasional mild tachycardia and wanted more data.

@SamsungRei wrote:

@Yahtzee This is part of Proactive Health Monitoring. Within the S Health App, scroll to the bottom and click on the three dots to the side of Auto Heartrate Setting. This is where you can turn the alert off or on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXvKDZaeZYq What type of device do you have paired to your watch?

userXvKDZaeZYq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moto e5 cruise. I knew I wouldn't have access to the blood pressure monitor without the galaxy phone but I didn't think it would affect the heart beat monitor. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time we cannot guarantee compatibility with a non-Samsung device.

userXvKDZaeZYq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see so many people complaining about not being able to access it though I doubt they are all Samsung phone users. Are there any future firmware updates planned or do you have any recommendations to try and get it? Like my wife has an iPhone can I sync it with her phone to check or will I lose all my data? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably, we’re unable to speculate about the release of future updates. Please stay tuned to the page, and we’ll post publicly when updates become available. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useru31pIDHe01
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please share a screenshot and description of what device you are using and the app version. I am unable to find this with the most recent updated app on a Galaxy S8 and a Gear S3.