cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leng
Constellation

Galaxy watch active not showing up in samsung health

I just bought a new galaxy watch. It connects and syncs just fine but, i cannot get it to sync my steps from just the galaxy watch active. It doesn't show up as a device option. I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same issue or has found a way around it

17 REPLIES 17
userS6I8QsuWyS
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch active not showing up in samsung health

I have the exact same problem. Samsung Health is working fine apart from this. Can only select my S10 or previous watch the S3 Frontier...

user7sM6tdd1Sz
Constellation

I have the same issue.  However I discovered that the step data are sync with Samsung Health but not under any specific device.  Which is odd if you ask me.   My old Samsung gear S2 step were displayed in Health as a separate device, same for the step registered by my phone.  Both can be individually selected.   For the Galaxy Watch, it seems to be different, it doesn't show as any selectable device in the step widget (is it a bug or wanted, I'm not sure).   However if I set Health to show all the steps instead of those of a specific device,  it is definitively showing the steps from my Galaxy Watch.    As an experiment I took a walk without my cell.  When I came back Samsung Health on my phone, was showing the exact same number of steps as my watch.  This is not intuitive when you are uses to the previous device.  

userfORhfxP7hA
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue, but when I select all steps, I only see the steps registered by my Iphone.  When I carry my iphone it registers my steps and I can see those steps from the health app.  If I lay the phone down and only walk with the watch, no steps are registered.  Mine doesn't sync with the watch, only the phone.  I've re-installed the apps several times and re-initialized the phone several times.  I can go to the "More/Accessories" screen and it shows to be connected to my watch, but I get nothing!

Leng
Constellation

It's really annoying...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is all the software up to date on both devices? Is the Samsung Health app up to date on both devices? Are the device paired through the Galaxy wearable app?

userMf2ap4jrhD
Constellation

I have the same problem! It is only showing my old Samsung wearables, I went for a walk today and its picking up my phone and galaxy watch active, I just want to see the steps from my watch!
userrt3KvgQCJe
Astronaut

Same issue here. Upgraded to S3 frontier, and still showing my previous S2 lost and removed from the gear devices. Frustrating. 

peacheypie
Asteroid

I just got an email from Samsung stating that this that they did an update to S Health on March 2019. "This will automatically display the combined number of steps through Samsung Health "All Steps".
"All steps" will combine the number of steps counted by both your smartwatch and smartphone, and then show you the combined number of steps, so we won't miss a single step you've taken throughout the day. "
This is the dumbest thing that they've did. I don't want my phone to count my steps. They should still give us the option to just count just the watch. And obviously Samsung Admin on here doesn't even know about or else would say something else besides contact customer services.

@userrt3KvgQCJe wrote:

Same issue here. Upgraded to S3 frontier, and still showing my previous S2 lost and removed from the gear devices. Frustrating. 

BaatzGirl
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all sorts of things to get my galaxy watch active to show and it won't. For awhile all that would show was all steps  phone, and an app called health sync. Once I cleared the cache and data from the app, it brought up my gear fit in place of health sync. This was all after deleting the Samsung health app and reinstalling it. Now it just shows all steps and phone steps. 

The only solution I've been able to come up with in order to get just steps from the watch to count is going to phone only and clicking on the 3 dots at the top and click pause step counting. Then go back to a all steps and the only steps that should count are rise from your watch. It's not ideal but it works for now until there is a fix