cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch active overheats while charging

I left my watch on charge while I slept. When I woke up my watch charger was blinking with a red led and my watch indicated it was overheated. Is it safe to wear?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Galaxy watch active overheats while charging

Hey there @userTpArMnHVWP 

I wouldn't wear it while in the warning state.

For best practices with this device, make sure you keep the watch updated at all times (check manually even if you have it on auto-update).

When you work out with the device on you may want to take it off afterward to give it a chance to cool down. Wearing it in places wit excessive heat may not be the best option. If you wear the device while you sleep try to ensure that you are not sleeping on it as your body heat my overheat it as well.

If this began after an update, try resetting the watch. You can find help for resetting the watch here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Highlighted
Sun

Re: Galaxy watch active overheats while charging

The watch is still safe to wear. I just recommend letting it cool down before putting it on. I also recommend taking caution if wearing it while exercising in a hot environment. Like anything electronic, if you leave it out in the sun to long, it can possibly overheat. Other than that you should be ok.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.