cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFP2IZxopQI
Asteroid

Galaxy watch active screen BLACK

I bought my watch on March 31st and loved it. It worked great. Then it stopped working on June 7th. I contacted support and was told a shipping label would be sent to me within 72 hours. When it didn't come, I contacted support again and was told that my ticket was canceled because my receipt didnt show the store logo. I resent the receipt and have been chatting for 1 hour and 40 minutes. The supervisor then stopped responding. Customer service is awful through the chat service. I plan to call Samsung tomorrow, but I'm hoping someone has a suggestion.  I've tried holding the button(s) down while charging and not charging. I've restarted my phone. 

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy watch active screen BLACK

Can I have the ticket number associated with this via private message?

userFP2IZxopQI
Asteroid

I have responded in private with no response from you. Can we stop this back and forth and please solve the problem? Samsung has all of the information they have asked for. Please repair my $200 watch or replace it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We have your message and will follow up with you there shortly. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userFP2IZxopQI
Asteroid

I still have not received anything.

@SamsungCole wrote:

We have your message and will follow up with you there shortly. Thanks!

userwP4RKpeJbF
Asteroid

Adam - I am so disappinted to tell you that my Galaxy is still not working.  I charged it when I recieved it in the mail.   It charged normally.   I downloaded two watch faces and went to bed.  The watch was set to Brightness 3 and the face was not Always On.   It was connected on Bluetooth - not Wifi.  The power was at 94%. I went to bed and it was dead in the morning.  I put it on the charger stand and it said 2%.   I charged it again and took it off of the stand when it was at 79% and dead.   No face - no screen - nothing.  Just like before.   I loved my Galaxy when it worked - but this is awful. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @userwP4RKpeJbF,

I'm sorry this has happened. May I ask where are you downloading the watch faces from? Galaxy store? Have you tried resetting the watch to see if this still happens?

userwP4RKpeJbF
Asteroid

Yes. Downloaded from the Galaxy store. I was not able to reset it. The screen remained black. When it is on the charging station - it showed the lightning bolt and the percentage charged. But as soon as I take it off the stand - it goes black and not responsive. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

That's a bummer. Since you are experiencing the same symptoms as you were before the repair, I would recommend sending the watch back in to be serviced again. Let me know at your earliest convenience how you would like to proceed.

userwP4RKpeJbF
Asteroid

Exactly the same thing happened to me.   I LOVE my new Samsung watch - or should I saw LOVED my Samsung Galaxy.   I charged it to 100% and put it on and then two hours later - it was black. Nothing changes it.   Do I need to return it?