Original topic:

Galaxy watch active sensors not working

(Topic created: 08-29-2021 12:58 PM)
Ahsoka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a galaxy watch active that I got about 2 years ago and have never had any problems with it until now. About 2 weeks ago the light sensors stopped working and it no longer tracks my heart rate, stress, or sleep. It has also stopped sending notifications from my phone. I have tried resetting it, clearing all the data, and even taking it to the geek squad at best buy, nothing has worked and I can't afford to get a new one at this time since I am in school.

Please help, thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung recommends the following troubleshooting steps...

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003204/

But if those don't work they recommend a service repair. Since you mentioned Best Buy I am assuming you have a Geek Squad warranty. What did they tell you?
0 Likes
Ahsoka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I didn't buy the watranty, I just went to see if they could do anything to help. The guy said since I didn't have the warranty he couldn't send it in to get repaired. I have also called a few places and they said they aren't currently working on Samsung watches.
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Gotcha. You could try U Break I fix, if you have one nearby. Otherwise follow that link in the troubleshooting link and set up a service online. You may have to mail it in to them, but it would be cheaper than a replacement.
0 Likes
Ahsoka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I will try to do that since U Break I Fix was who told me they weren't working on Samsung watches at this time. Thank you
0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good to know about U Break I Fix. I wonder if that is true of all of their stores or just that one? Hopefully Samsung can take care of you with a mail in service
0 Likes