cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

My Galaxy watch just recently started to drain battery as soon as it is taken off the charger! Within 2 minutes it drops 1 to 2 percentages. I can't even wear it for a couple of hours before I have to find the charger again. It is a Bluetooth watch and has not been having trouble staying connected to my phone. I went through a troubleshooting process from Samsung but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm tempted to reset it completely. Any suggestions?

119 REPLIES 119
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

I've noticed the same issue for the past couple of days. The battery is draining very fast. It's completely drained in less than a day, which is very odd
Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here. What happened after the software update?!!!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

same issues here this thing is trash. I am actively trying to warn everyone and anyone not to buy samsung watches. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm here to echo the same concerns. I typically lose 15-20% battery per day, so going 5 days on a single charge was typical for me. Now I'm lucky to get thru more than 1 day.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

My watch is on the latest OS and I have restarted both my watch and phone several times. Everything else I read says the only solution is to send it off for repair.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine is completely draining within 4 hours. But I noticed it is when I'm using my Samsung ear buds I am hoping it is just a coincidence. Maybe they will have a patch out soon.

Highlighted
Constellation

Were you using your buds connected to your watch or to your phone?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

YESSS!  PLEASE DO SOMETHING, SAMSUNG!  It just started this week.  I took it off the charger at 100% 27 minutes ago and it's now at 80%.  It takes a whole day to charge it and it drains in a couple of hours.  My watch was purchased Aug 1, 2019 and this is ridiculous that a year later it's just a bracelet.  It's not me, it's you, Samsung.  It started after the recent update.  Nobody should be having to deal with you breaking our watches.  

Fun fact: In the time it took me to write this, I lost 3% more on my watch.   

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I've got the same problem on my 41mm Galaxy Watch 3. I put it on around 9am, it was at 10% by 10:30pm.