cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

I'm having the same issue. Like everything else they sell I'm guessing the put a bug in the software in an attempt to force us to buy a newer model but why would I do spend that much money for only a year of semi-good use. I wonder if someone on here could reverse engineer the software to see if they are causing glitches on purpose.
Highlighted
Constellation

I used to be able to go all day on a single charge. now it's dying after 4 hours off the charger. I run a very busy grading company and I depend on my Galaxy watch. Please
create the patch Samsung!
Highlighted
Constellation

This is for a Galaxy Watch 3 that I just bought when it first came out (August 8th, I believe). I had to send mine for repair. They changed the battery. It wasn't a software issue for me as I only had one software update after I got it and it worked perfectly fine for two weeks, until it started draining quickly overnight that it didn't even record my sleep score (I suspect it drained within 2 hours of full charge). 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I just bought my 2nd one too and it came with the latest update but its stays less than 48 2 days! 

I remember my x one was staying at least for 3.5 days seems the last update has a bug or samsung meant that! :/

Highlighted
Constellation

I have started noticing same problem with my Galaxy Watch Active 2. Today the battery died within 5 hours (no sports, GPS tracking, calls etc.). It used to easily last for 1.5 to 2 days. Something messed up with recent update.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same issue, starting a few weeks ago. Has support responded at all?

Highlighted
Constellation

@userlWVGWLurOv 

No reply yet from support. I've tried all the suggestions about re-starting and re-pairing as well as a factory reset. I  have gotten a few more hours out of it for a little while but no where near what it used to be like.

Highlighted
Constellation

Me too! used to get at least 2.5 days from my 42mm galaxy watch and now I'm lucky if I get through a day. It's weird because it seems to be normal then suddenly it drains and when I get the warning at 15% to turn on per saving mode, by the time I chose the check mark it's down to 5% and turns off!
only started since August update and I haven't changed anything else.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same problem since the August update

Make all of the changes to switch things off etc but no better

But why should I have to do this I bought a watch with features I wanted why should I have to turn everything off just because Samsung messed up their update

I am in the UK so will be phoning Samsung UK support this week and give them an opportunity to fix this under warranty or replace the phone

If they won't or don't sort it then I will be making a UK small claims court claim to get my money back

Highlighted
Constellation

I have 2 galxy watches. The 46m and the 42m. I have then connected to a s9+ and s s10+ and both watches are draining really fast.  I have been having the issue,  but I turned off mobile data and it seemed to get more battery.  Turned it back on yesterday and I only got about 8 hours out the 46m. Please do something samsung.