Original topic:

Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

(Topic created on: 9/16/20 9:20 AM)
userXeirUBnEYe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy watch just recently started to drain battery as soon as it is taken off the charger! Within 2 minutes it drops 1 to 2 percentages. I can't even wear it for a couple of hours before I have to find the charger again. It is a Bluetooth watch and has not been having trouble staying connected to my phone. I went through a troubleshooting process from Samsung but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm tempted to reset it completely. Any suggestions?

127 Replies
userTP1amoVKRt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have 2 galxy watches. The 46m and the 42m. I have then connected to a s9+ and s s10+ and both watches are draining really fast.  I have been having the issue,  but I turned off mobile data and it seemed to get more battery.  Turned it back on yesterday and I only got about 8 hours out the 46m. Please do something samsung.

Wendita
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am SO glad I found this thread!  Sounds like y'all have had better luck than me. Mine will drain completely from 100-0 in less than 2 hours. I have tried every fix too. Contacted support and they told me it would cost $125 to repair. NO THANK YOU. It HAS to be the August 10th update, because I never had this problem until then.

user3e8tOiaaNZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Me 2!

GDuarte
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
anybody have a solition for this?
0 Likes
Samsung_TuAAw1x
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yep, same thing here, ever since the Aug update it went from bad to worse again.  When I first got my watch the battery lasted 3 or 4 days.  Then in January, I believe and update came down that wrecked the battery life.  Then another update made it a little better again and ever since then every update it has gotten a little worse and the last 2 have been horrible.  Come on, Samsung!!  It''s not like I have been adding software apps.  It's pretty much the way it was when I first got it.  Any software added has been pushed by Samsung.

MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Count me in this boat as well.  Dropped from 80+% percent this morning to 11% (in Power Saving mode now).  This has happened on more than 1 occassion in the past few weeks.

userVf8qJTnBXo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having this same problem since the last update.  We need a fix Samsung!

Deeelow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Both my wife's Active 2 and my Active are experiencing insane battery drain even on the latest updates. I am calling Samsung support to see what up.
Babbuino
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
any update from Samsung? all they told me was to restart the phone and watch...
0 Likes
userTpfiLabULn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Anyone check if it is one of the apps and/or in conjuction with the new update that is causing this issue?

I see that Samsung Health is the biggest user of the battery with Watch face second and then Weather for me. I wouldn't be surprise if it is the health app that is causing the drain.

0 Likes