Original topic:

Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

(Topic created on: 9/20/20 6:00 AM)
userXeirUBnEYe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy watch just recently started to drain battery as soon as it is taken off the charger! Within 2 minutes it drops 1 to 2 percentages. I can't even wear it for a couple of hours before I have to find the charger again. It is a Bluetooth watch and has not been having trouble staying connected to my phone. I went through a troubleshooting process from Samsung but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm tempted to reset it completely. Any suggestions?

127 Replies
Ardera_Sempre
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
That is what i suspect as well. For the past 3 - 4 weeks, my watch is constantly disconnecting from my phone. At first I didn't connect the dots, until one night my watch was HOLDING its charge really well, but I also noticed that it was staying connected to the phone. Next time it disconnected, and I could not get it to reconnect, the battery life was sucked back down to 0% within hours.
userJcQB1ZVQWH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue for me. Since the last update my watch battery drains very fast. Does not even last a day at this point. 

Has Samsung identified this as a problem and are they even aware this is an issue? Seems like a software issue that should be fixed asap.

userMAA1YdVC9w
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've got the same problem.  Never had this before. My watch used to last a couple of days until a week or so ago  Now having to charge both morning and night. Samsung please fix. Its driving me crazy.

userTyPjk6pZCG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same issue, used to last 3 days 1/2 then suddenly couldn't last 20hrs.

After sending it back under warrenty 4 times. I asked for a replacement.

I got a new GW 46 LTE from Samsung.

This new watch last easy  3 days 1/2.

I'm really confused, I was sure ( like many on here) that it was an update issue, but this watch run from a restore of my previous one and the same updates without issues. Go figures!!!

Keep sending it back and get an exchange till they figure out what's going on.

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Still crickets from Samsung as far as admitting there's a problem or commenting that the problem is being worked on...  This is getting old.

0 Likes
user8eiCTSsEi5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had the same issue since beginning September.  It seems to drain really quickly after it's got down to about 50% eg overnight it can go from 51% (at 10pm) to off in the morning when I checked about 5am.

0 Likes
Fusion2020
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the galaxy watch active 2 and have had the same issue recently. My watch is dead within 6 hours of taking it off the charger and seems to be intermittently showing the watch disconnect symbol through its short-lived time on. Starting to get really annoying after almost 3 weeks of this. 

0 Likes
Ardera_Sempre
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine is completely draining, from 100% to 0% in 4 hours. I THINK it may be related to the watch disconnect thing. My watch has been showing that at least 10 times a day, even when it is literally 1 foot away from my phone. After I called Samsung about repairing my watch, I fully charged it again, and it was NOT draining as fast. But I did also notice that my watch was staying connected at the time. Then when it started acting up again, and not connecting BOOM there goes the battery again, draining completly within hours. So i suspect when it is disconnecting it is draining the battery because it is constantly trying to (unsuccessfully) reconnect.

My watch disconnecting has also been happening for about 3 weeks as well. I think some software update, with either my Samsung phone, or the watch, is causing connection issues, and this draining the battery on the watch.
Zhaadum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing for me since the update, but its not consistent. The error seems to occur after charging.

So far I verified twice that after charging and once I start dropping power (18% in 90min) I restart the phone and the watch and then it works fine. Usually the next 2 charge cycles are fine, too. This morning it drained so far 2% in 3 hours.

Next time I see this happen I will see if I just need to restart the phone or the watch to see whether the issue is from one of the apps on the phone or the watch itself.

Considering this is going on for over 4 weeks you would think someone would have have a fix by now or at least some sort of addmitting and that they are working on a fix.

userWryPahto7W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My suspicion is that one of the updates that was recently installed either a) has a bug that causes my watch to suck battery life or b) has an intentional power sucking subroutine built in so we'll get sick to death of our watches constantly being on the charger that we'll by Galaxy Watch 3s (after a max 2 years use out of our original issue Galaxies).

I hope its a) rather than b) as that means it might be something they'd be willing to fix.

0 Likes