Original topic:

Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

(Topic created on: 9/23/20 8:50 AM)
userXeirUBnEYe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy watch just recently started to drain battery as soon as it is taken off the charger! Within 2 minutes it drops 1 to 2 percentages. I can't even wear it for a couple of hours before I have to find the charger again. It is a Bluetooth watch and has not been having trouble staying connected to my phone. I went through a troubleshooting process from Samsung but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm tempted to reset it completely. Any suggestions?

127 Replies
usersU1L0qRpBT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue lately.

Battery life reduced from 3days for 4G watch to not even a day.

Could it be the same issue with apple device back to the time when the software update deliberately drain the battery?

I'll be really disappointed if it is the case :(

userOEELULfATT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Adding my voice here. Same issue, have to top up battery a few times during the day and the watch hasn't made it through the night on two occasions in the last week or so.

0 Likes
Zhaadum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you try to restart your phone and/or the watch? As soon as I see this happening I restarted both and it fixed it for a couple of days (two times now). Trying to narrow it down to the device that is causing this.

0 Likes
CherryberryN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This frustrates me, I would go to work with a full battery and hours before I end my shift the watch active2 dies on me. Samsung suggested to turn off wifi, bluetooth, and just use it as a watch... are you kidding? This is a dumb watch not a smart one if that's the case might as well wear a Timex.
skamens
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Adding myself to the long list of people having this problem.

Yesterday I did a hard reset on my watch and disabled the automatic downloading of updates via the Gear app on my phone.

So far things are working better again, at the expense of whatever updates have been published since the watch came out. I can probably live without those anyway.

I don't understand why Samsung hasn't responded to these issues in any way. Is there any other way to get their attention???

MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I emailed the Galaxy Wearable developer at the email address listed in the Google Play Store.  No response yet.  Email address is:

gmanager.sec@samsung.com

userMrWEgjMSG2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It is so rediculous. At least zi am not alone. Thought there was a problem with just mine. FIX SAMSUNG! AND REPLY TO US!

Shay_B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am surprised that Samsung has not rectified this issue yet. It's as if they just don't care. My husband and I had been having the same problems that others are mentioning. My husband noticed his battery would drain fast, wouldn't last half a day.  I experienced the same thing; however, mine also disconnected from my phone. It was pretty much always disconnected. I noticed the disconnected issue maybe one month ago and battery drainage about two weeks ago. He has the Frontier and I have the Active 2 bluetooth version.  

My husband came to me one day and told me that he was considering an Apple watch because of the drainage issue.  I didn't realize he was having the same problem so when he mentioned that, I immediately contributed it to a bad update. I came online and saw that others were having the same problem. 

I fixed the problem on 9/21/20 by disconnecting my watch from my phone. It actually wiped my watch and I had to re-install apps and credit card info. My husband had to reset his watch as oppossed to just disconnecting. When re-installing, we did not update the suggested stock apps and have not added any other apps yet. I watched my watch closely yesterday, Recap:

9/22/20 -  battery (100%) 5:30 am - 4.0 mile run - watch auto synced my activity

12:30pm - 1.5 mile walk - watch auto synced my activity

5:30 pm - 4.0 mile walk - watch auto synced my activity

9:30 pm - 72% charge left 

9/23/20 - 65% (I did not charge last night) 5:45 am  - 4.0 mile run - watch auto synced my activity

12:30 pm (right now) - 55 % charge

With all the auto syncing, my battery is still doing pretty well. Tomorrow, I will add Map My Run and see how my battery behaves. This is actually the only app that I added to my watch previously so I don't plan on adding any others. Hopefully this fix helps others, if you have not tried yet.

Shay

userK49q9IdMrf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
has there been any resolution to this issue yet? mine only stays charged if I keep it on battery saver mode all the time.
userfQoBHCKriF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did a factory reset to see if would help. Went through a full two days and battery seemed to be "normal."

I decided to start to install some updates one by one to see if anything happened. For me at least, updating Samsung Pay on the watch started the drain. It went from a little less than 1% drop per hour to dropping 5% to 10% per hour. Not sure if it was the direct cause, or just the extra bit that pushed it over the edge. Did a factory reset and back to "normal."