Original topic:

Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

(Topic created on: 10/1/20 11:48 AM)
userXeirUBnEYe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy watch just recently started to drain battery as soon as it is taken off the charger! Within 2 minutes it drops 1 to 2 percentages. I can't even wear it for a couple of hours before I have to find the charger again. It is a Bluetooth watch and has not been having trouble staying connected to my phone. I went through a troubleshooting process from Samsung but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm tempted to reset it completely. Any suggestions?

127 Replies
Samsung_hR4qL8i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Add me to the list....  Fix it samsung...Smiley Mad

0 Likes
usermCby2HXK1Z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
me to.... this is ridiculous.
0 Likes
Samsung_ldd3sMW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here. Pretty coincidental that this starts happening right after the galaxy 3 release date??? Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any update/response to the 10-page thread on the current battery drain issues?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-watch-battery-drain-August-2020/td-p/1392324

0 Likes
MrSnoop
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

wow, ask a moderator about this in another thread and it just gets moved here.  still no response.

0 Likes
userUuY37KPfwn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got my new watch in July. the new update I just accepted 24 September 2020. My watch needs to be put on max power saver in 5 hours or it won't have any power to stay on at least until I get home from work. I plan on calling them since I am still under the manufacturer warranty. At least I hope. This watch has been a disappointment since I got it. It's too expensive to have these issues. I have never been able to fully utilize it. When I first got it I and to delete the weather app and turn off functions. That helped until the recent update. Why am I paying for the sim card for this watch? They said I had to at the store but can drop it after six months and use it as a bluetooth only watch. Currently I would not recommend this watch. It has too many issues. The battery life being so short is discouraging.
0 Likes
Shaydylady77
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

THE SOLUTION

Or what worked for me, anyway.

** Factory Reset Your Watch **

It was pretty simple to do.  I opened Settings on my watch and selected Factory Reset.  I did not back anything up first (there's no data of any importance that I store on my watch that I can't put back in easily).  After a few minutes, the reset was done.  I opened my phone app to reconnect my watch.  From the phone app, I was able to get all the watch apps that I needed re-installed and it remembered my favorite watch face.  I used this opportunity to only reinstall watch-apps that I actually use, and not the fluff that I thought I'd use when I first bought the watch.

It's been a number of days since and all the glitches and battery drain issues have disappeared, just as quickly as they appeared it seems. 

Here is a link to instructions.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-watch-factory-reset-your-watch-sm-r800-sm-r...

0 Likes
Samsung_hR4qL8i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did this awhile ago with hope.  Nope, still draining just as fast.  samsung???  Samsung's silence on this is absolutley disgusting.

Samsung_hR4qL8i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So SamsungJoJo can modify posts...  Why don't you help find a solution...

0 Likes
Zhaadum
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I figured. I didn't reset my watchm, but mine drains randomly. Usually right after it was on the charger. I would say around every 3rd time. Not sure how currently batteries are being charged and if they try to drain batteries first before full charge, but that could be a reason. Something after picking the watch from the charger doesn't get set properly. If the watch works for a few hours, it will work for the usual 5 days. If it starts draining within the first 1 - 2 hours all hope is lost. Its so infrequent that I am still having issues narrowing it down to bluetooth, phone app, or watch. I think if I restart both at the same time it seems to get fixed, but can't 100% sign this.

0 Likes