cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy watch battery drain August 2020

Is Samsung even aware of this problem?

In my opinion it is the breaking bug that should warrant rollback or urgent hotfix. Almost two months passed since buggy update, and there is no single word from Samsung regarding it.

Can moderators bring it to attention of watch software developers?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just did a hard reset and removed all the installed app.  It seems working normally.  Only dropped 1% for the past 2 hours.  Maybe 1 app not working well with the new update...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Wait until you recharged the phone once or twice. For the me drain didn't happen all the time. I just did the hasrd reset and restore yesterday myself. We will see if that will fix anything.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had to go into the Wearable app and choose sync settings.  I turned off the sync wifi and the sync do not disturb.   I also keep the gesture wake up off.  Turning off the wifi sync will keep it from connecting to saved wifi networks on your phone.   It seems like it's working for now. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

OK. Bare with me here.

This has been driving me nuts. As I posted earlier, I have tried everything that has been thrown my way to fix this battery drain. Got NO help from Support, and STILL can't believe Samsung has been radio silent on this. BUT, I noticed the other day, that I had 3 apps that needed updating, and for some reason, I would get an error that they wouldn't update. I tried on & off for about a week. It dawned on me that maybe, the drain is my watch trying to continue updating apps in the background. So, last night, I (AGAIN) did a factory reset. After restoring my settings, I got a notice that NINE apps needed updating, including stock apps like Samsung Health, Weather, Alarm, etc. After I updated the apps, my watch has been great (so far). I've only lost 20% battery in the past 16 hours. There is also a different look to my Messages notice that I get, so I am hoping it was one of the apps causing the issues. So far, so good. Just wanted to give y'all an update.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung has to do something about this issue!!  These watches are not cheap!  I upgraded my watch to the Galaxy and I loved it now all of a sudden the it won't last a day.  I will put it on the charger at night and it won't even charge.  It is now on my charger at work for the past 3 hours and is at 27%.

This is rediculous!  I will never buy another Samsung watch again!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've been having the same insane battery drain issue since the last update, determined that it was the Samsung health app causing it. On Wednesday 10/7 around 6pm I opened the health app on my watch and went to the settings and turned off all the automatic work out detection functions, watch was at 100% battery, I haven't charged it since and its now 7:45pm on Friday 10/9 and my watch has 57% battery left

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm adding myself to the list.

Gonna try a watch complete reset.

Also I reckon that my phone is being affected to (SGS9). Something to do with the watch is draining it too I suspect.

I agree with with the others that it seems to be a connection issue. I had noticed that I'd be sitting 1m (metre for youse US folks) and it was disconnected.

Highlighted
Asteroid

About 5 days ago I finally bit the bullet. I backed up the watch within the app, factory reset the watch, then reconnected and restored it from the back up. So far I charged it 4-5 times and I haven't seen the drain issue again. Some file must have been corrupted during the update process and it seems fixed for now. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it's worth spending the 30-40 min total.

Highlighted
Constellation

I zm having exactly the same issue