JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch burnt and blistered my wrist

(Topic created: 02-05-2021 12:14 PM)
userL9iEZS58kd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Last night while sleeping i awoke with my wrist in pain. My watch was burning me! I quickly took it off and rinsed my hand but it is red and a blister has formed. I had noticed my battery draining abnormally fast prior to the incident but thought it was due to the continuous heartbeat monitoring or additional workouts I've been doing. My watch expelled it's complete charge, from 100% to dead, and when i put it back on the charger and started it again it immediately started to overheat again. This watch is done! I've seen other posts with the same issue. I've bought 2 other watches for my wife and daughter, can I expect the same with theirs? Where is the recall? 

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

ChaosSaber
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check for cracks on the bottom of the watch, it can be very small so look real good, battery could be leaking
0 Likes
userL9iEZS58kd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
where the round sensor is under the face is where the issue appears to be. this sensor becomes incredibly hot and eventually causes the watch to shut down on thermal overload. No cracks or damage of any kind are apparent, the only warning something was wrong was the battery draining at a more than normal rate
0 Likes