JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch calories burned wrong!

(Topic created: 02-07-2021 02:50 PM)
user11jLjbDWv6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sometime last year Samsung Health removed the weight management tab. I'm now learning that calories burned on my GWA2 are based on BMR and not heart rate. It calculates the same number of calories burned regardless of your heart rate. Meaning once I select running, I could stand still and burn the same number of calories on my watch as if I ran a mile. How is this a fitness watch if it doesn't take heart rate into consideration and gives everyone the exact same caloric rate? What is even the point of the heart rate monitor if its not used for anything? And why remove the weight management tab but market the watch as a health watch? If I knew this, I would have stuck with Fitbit. 

2 Replies
user6tBpqRm76Q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Health spp gets worse with every update. Bring back weight management.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes