cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate to see that this is a problem. I got my watch a week ago and the sensor stopped about 3 days ago. 

Called the help desk and was told that she has talked with 3 other people already today with this kind of problem. That's not comforting!Man Tongue

Was told to do a factory reset but I can't until tomorrow due to my work. 

I did just turn it off and back on and the manual heart rate worked. Hope there will be an update to the continuing problem.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The fact that they said that they have spoken to other people about this is very comforting to me. Every time I have called about it, they've said they have never heard of the problem before. That was very frustrating, because I know that couldn't be possible.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree, I ditched a Fitbit to buy this piece of rubbish complete waste of money. Always been a Samsung follower now thinking of going Apple. BTW my heart rate has been 96 to 120 for the last week. Med checked and its not, even the Note 8 agreed
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this marked solved?  My HR monitor seems to be consistent, but also stops when it seems to get to a higher HR.  I noticed it today and I wasnt even that sweaty yet but as soon as I got back in my car it started to work again as my HR was coming down.  Its as if there is a threshold limit issue. VERY annoying and im giving it until the last day I have to return it to see if something is fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before you take a hammer to your watch, as I almost did, please do as I did.

Tighten up the watch strap by a notch. If that doesn't work go another notch.

This is what it took me and it works perfectly now. Very frustrating after trying all kinds of recommended settings but without a doubt it is about the watch staying as stationery on the wrist as possible.

Uncomfortably tight but you don't notice when exercising, so if it's not working tighten it up a notch.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When will this software update be available. Im still having issues with the Heart Rate Monitor and Altimiter.

even after rebooting and resting and using all the steps outlined in the community posts.

This is unaccepatble Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution has not worked for me. 'Try to relax' shows up when I press measure even though I'm completely still. Then a dialog shows up saying that heart rate couldn't be measured. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been 7 months! Where is the fix for the step counter and heart rate monitor? Heart rate monitor still cuts out and step counter is not accurate!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This won't solve the issue. Watch still fail to read HR.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a SM-R500, unboxed a few weeks ago and everything was working fine. Since last week, the HR sensor light doesn't come on either in automatic or manual mode, so, no readings!

I have tried a factory reset, reinstalling the software and even this solution of disabling the exercice detection. Nothing works! I'm not sure if it is a software problem or a hardware failure so I'm very tempted to return it altogether.

Another strange behaviour is the Always On Display not working sometimes. Even though I can see the option enabled, my watch face goes into a black screen after a while. I have to re-enable the AOD setting to make it work again. This gives me a strange hope that the issue is just bits and bytes away from being solvable if the firmware becomes a little less crappy.

Should I just return the watch or do you guys thing it can still be solved by a software update?