cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWBWboFGKe6
Constellation

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before you take a hammer to your watch, as I almost did, please do as I did.

Tighten up the watch strap by a notch. If that doesn't work go another notch.

This is what it took me and it works perfectly now. Very frustrating after trying all kinds of recommended settings but without a doubt it is about the watch staying as stationery on the wrist as possible.

Uncomfortably tight but you don't notice when exercising, so if it's not working tighten it up a notch.

userU3mHZ8qQSS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When will this software update be available. Im still having issues with the Heart Rate Monitor and Altimiter.

even after rebooting and resting and using all the steps outlined in the community posts.

This is unaccepatble Samsung. 

Highlighted
P-J
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution has not worked for me. 'Try to relax' shows up when I press measure even though I'm completely still. Then a dialog shows up saying that heart rate couldn't be measured. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's been 7 months! Where is the fix for the step counter and heart rate monitor? Heart rate monitor still cuts out and step counter is not accurate!

useriyjDgsTaiI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy Watch 46mm. This is very disappointing since the window on my return date is fast approaching. If this is not fixed then I will be forced to return it and will probably have to do the unthinkable and trade my Note 8 and Galaxy Watch for the new iphone and apple watch. Also I've been waiting YEARS for a strength traing profile to be added so Samsung Health, not arm curls or bench press, or squats but just ONE profile for strength training. 

Shocket
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We keep hearing the same things from moderators but contact samsung themselves and they know nothing about this! Loads of advice about resetting the watch but trust me none of it works, this hr is a problem they seem to be hiding etc

Bunnjovi
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does this also. Dying for a solution. My watch also stops receiving notifications at times until I restart the watch.

useraYE0jFSBp1
Cosmic Ray

Resting Heart Rate broken and Essentials missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am on the verge of returning my watch because the heart rate stats are absolute wack.

My resting heart rate ranges from 42 - 98 while my average is sitting at 57.

Looking at the time of recording (s health) sometimes my resting heart rate measurements are taken while walking. My heart rate is set to always on. I also have my watch securely fastened during sleep and at times it skips 4-6 hours of heart rate recordings.

If S Health gets a recording of a range (Example: 47-109 12:00PM - 12:30PM) it doesn't know what to do with that information. It doesn't separate the information throughout that time period and graph it correctly under the appropriate zones (resting, general, all, exercise, after exercise).

I think my heart rate monitor is messed because it's showing ranging from 42 - 98 while my average is setting at 57.

Essentials that are missing:
- More than just averages (week, month) I would like to see total steps per month/week

- Graph of resting heart rate for weeks, months, days

- RHR on the watch at a glance. Just a smart enough algorithm to analyze my recordings and spit out a number

- Weights as a workouts 

- Option to disable bluetooth through quick settings

- Proper sleep tracking (deep, light, rem)

I have 5 days left to return this watch. I absolutely love the build quality and I would love to know if any of these changes/fixes are in queue and an ETA for delivery.

EDIT: I am coming from a Fitbit and these are basics that Samsung should be able to achieve.

Andrei V
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Watch HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I've found that while I'm behind the wheel, driving, the HR show ridiculous values, like 198bpm. After a restart it show correct value.

I'm assuming that the watch take then car speed (50-100km/h) and consider that I am running at that speed so the BPM should have sky values. 

I've attached some screenshots, after every ridiculous value I recorded my BPM using phone sensor and got 60-70bpm which is correct.

What is going on with this watch? Will be a software update or is a hardware problem?

If there will not be an update which will fix I will return the watch as I am really disappointed

useraYE0jFSBp1
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't look like samsung is ready to acknowledge that their HR is broken at the moment. Same thing is happening to me and it's throwing all of my graphs way off within s-health. 

The app has a hard time distinguishing between RHR and normal. Super frustrating and should have been tested prior to release. Just hoping for an update some time soon but it all starts with the company acknowledging their faults.