cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me as well, I go the 46mm. Twice when running it missed completely to track my heart rate (about 20 minutes of running) the third time it got some heartbeats at the end, and last time iiused it for running it tracked the last 15 out of 20 minutes. It says to clean the HRM when I start to track my run. I did so, even took it off and cleaned the watch HRM and my wrist but it did not help. This is not my only issue I also get the abnormally high heart rate readings over 220-250 when I am sitting and not moving at all, or very slightly (which is technically impossible even during heavy workout for me to reach this high bpm). To fix this i change settings from always on to normal (evrye 10 min) and make a manual reading and it then works normaly it goes down to around 60bpm (I also tried this without repositioning the watch or moving it from my wrist same results). From my point of view (or probably this is what I hoping) this abnormal high readings looks like a software issue. But since all the silence from Samsung it doesn't look too good, gives the impression that they just don't give a d**n about us as customers. I am also thinking of returning since changin to a new Samsung watch won't fix the problem. I've had two garmin watches before and never experienced this kind of problems with the HRM

And most definitely this is not solved!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

i want to share a fix with you that i found out.

After that my heartrate sensor is working fine.

Please check the following:

Under settings -> apps -> permissions -> scroll down to system apps -> power saving -> disable sensors here.

After that no problems while training compared to fitbit only 1 or 2 bpm difference. I think the problem is power

management here so the sensors do not wake up as fast as they should.

best regards.

René

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try this fix you suggest but still the heart rate is abnormally high. The only quick fix (but just for a while, since it returns rather quick) to turn off HRM always on and do a manual measurement and turn the setting back to always on and it goes back to normal readings of heart rate. As i mentioned before whitout repositioning or moving the watch on my wrist. Feels like it gets jammed up somehow in the software. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder why this is marked as resolved, when it definetely is NOT.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I cannot express how disappointed I am with all this ads about "new 8 LEDs Heart rate sensor with unprecedented heart rate data accuracy" in my Galaxy Active 2 with doubling heart rate and stay high until reboot or manual measurement... but then it reverses back to overestimated heart rates after a while... Congrats Samsung, you ....d me up again... you failed me and hijacked me. You have my money, true, but probably this is the last Samsung device I have bought... I just don't like when they lie to me...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Active 2 that I just got last week. The odd thing is I found it to be very accurate during a walking workout but then I tried a few others, including Run, Other and Stretching and those all over-report HR for some reason. 

So my solution right now is to simply use the Walking workout for everything. I turn off GPS when I am doing a regular cardio workout inside and turn it on if I am actually walking/jogging. Not ideal but I am hoping they sort something out. The frustrating thing is that this is not unique to Samsung at all. I just went through this same BS with Skagen Falster 3 / Fossil Gen 5 as well as a Garmin Venu. I am probably keeping the Samsung only because it actually does a good job at least on the walking workout.

Oh and before anyone says it, I had an Apple Watch series 4 - While it did better on this kind of issue, it did have some spurts where it would over-report as well. I wish I knew why this was but no idea yet.

One other thing. I did find that turning off auto-workout detection seems to help. I am going to check out this power save mode too as I haven't tried that yet. Good luck!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want for my Galaxy Samsung phone to track my heart rate.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 3 weeks of flatline when cycling I decided to shave wrist hair off and fit watch tight enough so it can't move, job done one & half hours cycling today and no flatline, think I have sorted my problem, will see next time igo cycling 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just bought 2 of these last week, 42mm and a 46mm. I have had no problems with mine. My fiancee has had nothing but problems. Can't get the heart rate monitor and the Always on display to always work. Someone said they shaved their arm and we thought hey that could be it. Then we thought about it for a minute and said maybe it's because his arm is tattooed to his wrist. He switched it to his other arm and sure enough, IT WORKS!! Now he wears it on his other arm. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have factory reset both my phone and the watch s4.  When I use the heart rate or to the stress sensor it now tells me that it couldn't read the information.  Also the other day I had 25000 35000 and 34000 steps it was like I started the workout program and I hadn't walke but 1200 steps according to my phone.  What steps can I take that I have not already done.  I held lower button on watch for  a few seconds till it rebooted.  I turn watch off every day and back on.  I deleted and reinstalled galaxy wathc softwaree on phone.  THis watch is practically useless .  except for the time and email.  I need to have this fixed.