cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My galaxy watch works just fine except for the fact that about every 2 to 5 days the heart rate sensor wont pick up my heart rate. The light doesnt even come on to try to read it. I have to turn off my watch and turn it back on to get it to work. Anyone else having this problem? And Samsung support chat doesnt seem to have a whole lot set up to help with anything involving the new galaxy watch. Can we make a change to that too?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Stsyingfrosty10 Just to confirm, what steps have you already tried? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have turned my watch off and back on, cleared the ram, and I have moved the watch to different spots. It is set to always on and still the sensor sometimes does not work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Stsyingfrosty10 When it's not working, do you receive any type of error messages on the watch or the phone? Also, could you give these steps a try? 

1. From the Apps screen, touch Samsung Health.
  2. Rotate the bezel to and touch Settings.
  3. Touch Workout detection.
  4. Touch the switch to turn Off the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine. (The icon will turn gray when the function is turned off.)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not receive any type of error message. And I have done the steps

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

View solution in original post

Manny9892
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution didnt work for me as well...what's the next step? Or do we have to wait for update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution!

Manny9892
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please add reinstalling both the galaxy wearable app and the Samsung health app after deactivating both workout detections to the solution for everyone. This worked for me! Hope this helps everyone!

Talla2xlc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How about my sensor won't turn off always stays lit green