Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraYE0jFSBp1
Asteroid

Resting Heart Rate broken and Essentials missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am on the verge of returning my watch because the heart rate stats are absolute wack.

My resting heart rate ranges from 42 - 98 while my average is sitting at 57.

Looking at the time of recording (s health) sometimes my resting heart rate measurements are taken while walking. My heart rate is set to always on. I also have my watch securely fastened during sleep and at times it skips 4-6 hours of heart rate recordings.

If S Health gets a recording of a range (Example: 47-109 12:00PM - 12:30PM) it doesn't know what to do with that information. It doesn't separate the information throughout that time period and graph it correctly under the appropriate zones (resting, general, all, exercise, after exercise).

I think my heart rate monitor is messed because it's showing ranging from 42 - 98 while my average is setting at 57.

Essentials that are missing:
- More than just averages (week, month) I would like to see total steps per month/week

- Graph of resting heart rate for weeks, months, days

- RHR on the watch at a glance. Just a smart enough algorithm to analyze my recordings and spit out a number

- Weights as a workouts 

- Option to disable bluetooth through quick settings

- Proper sleep tracking (deep, light, rem)

I have 5 days left to return this watch. I absolutely love the build quality and I would love to know if any of these changes/fixes are in queue and an ETA for delivery.

EDIT: I am coming from a Fitbit and these are basics that Samsung should be able to achieve.

Andrei V
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I've found that while I'm behind the wheel, driving, the HR show ridiculous values, like 198bpm. After a restart it show correct value.

I'm assuming that the watch take then car speed (50-100km/h) and consider that I am running at that speed so the BPM should have sky values. 

I've attached some screenshots, after every ridiculous value I recorded my BPM using phone sensor and got 60-70bpm which is correct.

What is going on with this watch? Will be a software update or is a hardware problem?

If there will not be an update which will fix I will return the watch as I am really disappointed

useraYE0jFSBp1
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch HR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't look like samsung is ready to acknowledge that their HR is broken at the moment. Same thing is happening to me and it's throwing all of my graphs way off within s-health. 

The app has a hard time distinguishing between RHR and normal. Super frustrating and should have been tested prior to release. Just hoping for an update some time soon but it all starts with the company acknowledging their faults.

userowqw0oRC1x
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy watch heart rate sensor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i run my galaxy watch with "frequent" heart rate setting. its been running fine since i got it at roll out (DELAYED pre order delivery by two weeks). 

anyway it started to ready 30 BMP today all day. i rebotted it, turned off the ellipitcal and training tracker.

back to normal now. 

userowqw0oRC1x
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i had the same issue. rebooting the watch re-activtated the sensor for several hours,then it stopped working.

i got really concerned with readings in the 30s  that started one day .

i did a "RESET" and that seems to have stuck. 

other than that, the watch does seem to loose the black coating on the bezel relatively easy Smiley Sad

user8rBVJFuq27
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your lucky I have had mine for about 6 weeks wirthin that time its showing a very huigh heart rate which got me worried. Checked it against my Fitbit 2 and Note 8 which both showed a loot lower heart rate around the same figure. Looks like I will just junk the watch and get the Fitbit 3

userktFiekGTEH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me as well, I go the 46mm. Twice when running it missed completely to track my heart rate (about 20 minutes of running) the third time it got some heartbeats at the end, and last time iiused it for running it tracked the last 15 out of 20 minutes. It says to clean the HRM when I start to track my run. I did so, even took it off and cleaned the watch HRM and my wrist but it did not help. This is not my only issue I also get the abnormally high heart rate readings over 220-250 when I am sitting and not moving at all, or very slightly (which is technically impossible even during heavy workout for me to reach this high bpm). To fix this i change settings from always on to normal (evrye 10 min) and make a manual reading and it then works normaly it goes down to around 60bpm (I also tried this without repositioning the watch or moving it from my wrist same results). From my point of view (or probably this is what I hoping) this abnormal high readings looks like a software issue. But since all the silence from Samsung it doesn't look too good, gives the impression that they just don't give a d**n about us as customers. I am also thinking of returning since changin to a new Samsung watch won't fix the problem. I've had two garmin watches before and never experienced this kind of problems with the HRM

And most definitely this is not solved!

userUGJibf7R2w
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

i want to share a fix with you that i found out.

After that my heartrate sensor is working fine.

Please check the following:

Under settings -> apps -> permissions -> scroll down to system apps -> power saving -> disable sensors here.

After that no problems while training compared to fitbit only 1 or 2 bpm difference. I think the problem is power

management here so the sensors do not wake up as fast as they should.

best regards.

René

userktFiekGTEH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did try this fix you suggest but still the heart rate is abnormally high. The only quick fix (but just for a while, since it returns rather quick) to turn off HRM always on and do a manual measurement and turn the setting back to always on and it goes back to normal readings of heart rate. As i mentioned before whitout repositioning or moving the watch on my wrist. Feels like it gets jammed up somehow in the software. 

userO68n7pBJZv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder why this is marked as resolved, when it definetely is NOT.