Original topic:

Galaxy watch massive battery drain after Feb 21 update

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 5:44 AM)
Varrus83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have already seen some posts on this, but no solutions offered. 

After larest update the watch losses 1% around every minute and half. 

Tried to do a reset, now the watch hangs on the automated connection screen. 

Very frustrated that the would release an update this poorly tested. I hope they address this soon.

Update: after removing the watch plug-in from the wear app and reinstalling it, I was able to reconnect. Appears to be doing better on battery usage, but still not as good prior to update. I have not re-synced my backed profile for fear of recreating the orginal problem. 
9 Replies
useraMLBVLPzmH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I updated mine on 3/1 and battery discharges within 1 hour of full charge. I have only had my watch a little over a year. Very frustrating for sure.
0 Likes
Varrus83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I feel your pain! As an update, after removing the watch plug-in from the wear app and reinstalling it, I was able to reconnect. Appears to be doing better on battery usage, but still not as good prior to update. I have not re-synced my backed profile for fear of recreating the orginal problem.  May help, but a bit of a pain to do.
useraMLBVLPzmH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the update. I uninstalled it after doing a backup then I re-paired it to my phone. It's a good thing I did my backup because it made me reset my watch to factory settings. I went ahead and re-synced the backup. My watch was at 86% when I got up this morning so for my watch issue your suggestion worked. Keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps the charge all day like it used to. Thumbs up to you!
VeronicaG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
im having the same issue very frustrated.
0 Likes
Varrus83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
see above, hope this helps.
0 Likes
userwcuM5NvBlA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How do you remove the plug-in?

0 Likes
Varrus83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
go to manage devices in the options menu (3 bars upper left) select the watch you want to remove, hit remove. it will delete it and reinstall when you start a fresh set up.
0 Likes
userwcuM5NvBlA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you! I'm really getting aggravated by this battery drain, in addition to my NumberSync randomly disconnecting.
0 Likes
Varrus83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
if it works for you, spread the news. Alot of folks seem affected.